oil leak any idea's?

Just noticed I've got a oil leak and it's dripping on the floor. Looks like it's leaking from the back of the block 4E-FTE. But dripping from the front of the sump on the left side when you're looking at the car face on. Any ideas where it's coming from?.

Edited by PWG123

Crank seal sump oil pump turbo oil return feed could be any of those buddy clean up the whole area start the car and sit underneath untill you see it may take a while until the oil thins out :)

Edited by rinseep82

New crank seal costs about £12 delivered from Camskill, as i've just ordered one yesterday. You can also buy one for the gearbox side so make sure you get the right one

Edited by Arnold

New crank seal costs about £12 delivered from Camskill, as i've just ordered one yesterday. You can also buy one for the gearbox side so make sure you get the right one

Ok Cheers. I'll trace the leak and order the right one :).

oil filter housing thats where my leak came from, it was driving me mad searhing for it

Yeah tbh it looks like that's where it's coming from like the bit where it splits from the block?

Cheers

Yes that's the part, it's a gasket fail, that's all you can get the for about a fiver or make your own, bit of work to get it off but it's a job that needs to be done

Cheers man I'm going to double check tonight and order

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello mate,

I think I've sourced it. haven't done it yet my gearbox failed and got the new one in last weekend. So hopefully get it sorted although she doesn't seem to be leaking now. (Nothing to do with gear box). I think it's the rear seal as oil was all over the offside wheel, arms and driveshaft.

Cheers