CONFUSED! Which inlet manifold?

Right ive heard of a few inlet manifold swaps on the n/a starlets. which is best for power?? im hoping to break the 100 bhp mark!! so far in my quest ive got an induction kit.. w0000p.

which ones are people using on ere, and wha year of car/model of car does it come from??

Cheers lads/lasses

I'm pretty sure the only one other than the starlet one is the corolla (bug-eyed model) intake manifold.

they both use the same 4EFE engine so it bolts straight in in replacement. many have replaced the standard starlet manifold with the corolla one because it frees up the rev range.

apart from this upgrade i dont know of any others....Someone else may be able to help you.....

Oh, yea you could go down the custom route and get one made up to a spec.

Hope this helps a little.

Mike

Haha ^^ Fat Fighters!

Well most people do go for the tubular rolla mani, pics in technical (and all ove the site) or you could go searching for gold dust and look for the ACSI (correct abreviation?) mani from the sera along with ECU and 5E-FHE 110BHP... Sorted

symthy...your engine is on its way to Jay...where part of it will be going into my car!

and people lets not write off the ECU just yet, for the JayStar has a plan for the nanglewagon with the 100HP components!

Phil.

i can well belive that, prob the inlet mani, would i be correct? lol, its a good engine!

i replied to the message i got about the ecu fishy!

no mate. i already have a rolla mani in mine.

we're gonna compare the two engines, and wotever is on the 100hp model to give it 100hp is bein transplanted onto mine, i have a set of Glanza S injectors here that i got from idrees, and Jay has an ECU for me aswell.

Phil.

aww happy days then! i changed the rims on my 4wd so the next u see it it will prob be different! lol! well heres hoping for the better! lol! shes going stronger anyway which is always good phil :) are u going karting on the 27th?

no mate. i already have a rolla mani in mine.

we're gonna compare the two engines, and wotever is on the 100hp model to give it 100hp is bein transplanted onto mine, i have a set of Glanza S injectors here that i got from idrees, and Jay has an ECU for me aswell.

Phil.

very interesting phil, im totaly looking forward to this :)

thanks Boss man!

with the price of insuring a conversion over here bein scandalous if even possible, and the fact that im still a student and simply do not have about £6k burnin a hole in my pocket for a fresh glanza, it would seem that this may be the best way to go for now.

Jay is excited about gettin the two engines beside one another and seein where the exact differences lie and how any of the power increasing differences could be transplaned into my car. in Japland the 100hp 4efe's had the different ecu and injectors but ran the same intake mani and air intake box and feed as a non-100hp model (i.e. a UK spec car) as im sure u are aware, and before people try to correct me they did NOT have the rolla mani's on them (or at least the ep85 didnt) as u can see from Symthy's engine bay pics from when the car was first imported. SO, with the addition of my rolla mani this should make an improvement, and this will eventually be complimented with a BMC CDA intake system...

...so if anyone has any rough ideas ono wot BHP figure i should be lookin at from all that i'd be interested to know your opinions. it should in theory be in excess of 100hp!

Phil.

Junk that distributor and go for coilpacks...it's the future!

My 1.3 fiesta had a coilpacks, but that was only 60odd bhp :):( and before someone says bhp isn't everything it had even less torque :(