Daihatsu Cuore TRxx Avanzato R4 - Swap??

Year: 1998
Model: Daihatsu Cuore TRxx Avanzato R4
Tax: Sept 2014
MOT: Nov 2014
Mileage: 88k

Description:

For those not in the know of what this car is, it is essentially a very rare, turbocharged, sports version of the 4th generation Daihatsu Cuore city car.

Specification includes:
o 660cc 16 valve, turbo charged with intercooler, JB-JL engine, 64bhp, revs to 8500rpm, boosts to 14psi.
o low kerb weight of just 768kg – 0 to 60mph in 8.5 seconds!
o 2 OR 4-wheel-drive
o alloy wheels
o electric windows
o electrically adjustable and folding door mirrors
o electric sunroof
o Pioneer CD player
o remote central locking with spare key
o air conditioning (works but needs re-gassed)
o Timing chain

Modifications (can easily be returned to factory spec as all parts have been kept): -
o 20mm lowering springs
o Induction kit
o HKS SSQV dump valve
o Parcel shelf speakers
o Custom aluminium slam panel with aluminium radiator brackets
o Boost gauge – fitted by previous owner
o Small front splitter

The car is in good condition for its age. The 4-wheel-drive system is engaged via a rod on the transfer box . To reduce unnecessary stress on the transmission system however I have predominantly used the car in 2-wheel drive mode. Overall, mechanically the car is quite sound. The rear wheel arches are also rust-free but have some bubbling on the drivers side and the alloy wheels are in better condition than on most of these cars and have not become ‘porous’ (they hold their pressure very well). 2 tyres are nearing their limit of tread. All electrical items (windows, mirrors, sunroof etc) work as they should.

Only negative points are some minor stone chips and minor scrapes on the bumpers as to be expected. The bonnet has a little rust bubbling appearing on the front leading edge, however this was there when I purchased the car but was sealed by a previous owner and does not appear to have deteriorated further. There is also some corrosion starting to appear on the front, nearside wheel arch. Happy to send pictures on request. I recently noticed a clunking sound when reversing at full lock in 4 wheel drive. The gear box is rather unrefined and takes a little getting used to but that’s being fussy. Rocker cover gasket has been leaking but I have since removed, cleaned and replaced (see below)

The car comes with a very extensive service history with many stamps in the service book and a folder with receipts dating back to it’s first service and MOT. I have tidied this folder up and, of course, added all receipts for work I have had carried out to it.

The car also has the optional stainless steel exhaust system fitted. I was informed by the previous owner that the car was also wax oil sealed by one of the owners prior to him and although no receipt exists for this, there is evidence of this having been carried out on inspection of the underside of the car.

Previous owner had the following carried out:
o Full major service, carried out April 2012, including new engine oil/filter (fully synthetic), spark plugs (Denso Iridium), gearbox/transfer box/rear differential oil replaced, fuel filter replaced and the ITG air filter cleaned (mileage 77,200 miles)
o An additional oil/filter (fully synthetic) change carried out on June 2012 (mileage 80,171 miles)
o Front brake discs and pads replaced
o Front wheel bearings replaced
o Rear brake shoes and cylinders replaced
o Track rod ends replaced
o Transfer box to prop-shaft oil seal replaced
o Front shocks, springs and mounts replaced (used parts)
o Door and sunroof seals treated with Gummi Pflege.

During my ownership, I have carried out the following
o Service carried out in July 2013 and on 18/05/2014.
o Post MOT failure, the rear brakes have been inspected, cleaned and bled
o Due to corrosion, Passenger side footwell has been fully welded along with a patch under the inner sill.
o New exhaust clamp on tail pipe
o Stripped the rocker cover off and cleaned all gasket surfaces before re-fitting. Would benefit from a new rocker cover gasket but I have struggled to find one.

I have cleaned it regularly and applied a decent quality wax to the paintwork on a few occasions. I have also ensured that the engine has been left to idle for a further 2 minutes after completing my drive to ensure the integrity of the turbocharger as recommended for these engines. There is no evidence of smoke on boost.

It is an absolute hoot to drive! Honestly, no small car will put a bigger grin on your face more than an Avanzato. Think of it like driving a micro sized Subaru Impreza (without the horrendous fuel consumption).
Genuine reason for sale. Despite the great economy. It has become increasingly impractical with a growing family.

Price: Swap preferred

Pictures:

2014-05-23170326_zps10fcf65b.jpg

2014-05-23170338_zps8cfb4dec.jpg

2014-05-23170424_zps63ac6698.jpg

2014-05-23170658_zps42b33c87.jpg

2014-05-23170753_zps93f92058.jpg

2014-05-23170804_zpsf02da6b4.jpg

2014-05-23170908_zps46a8c0ae.jpg

20130810_204526_zps31bc413e.jpg

Contact Details: Via PM

That's right, black M reg. Know much about it's history?

Dont know the guy but seen it up knockhill, its been tracked and driven pretty hard. Looked fairly clean though, its a DC1 its called.

Camskills stock some of the normal service and maintenance parts. For anything else, it's not easy to source. I couldn't even find a rocker cover gasket!

There is a fair amount of knowledge for them over on kkipt forum. Worth a watch if you are after one as they pop up for sale there now and again.