Hello all!

I am going though the turbo conversion alright so far but when trying to connect up the gear box off my EP95 the turbo engine the back plate/dust plate seems to be getting in the way??

I noticed the n/a engine has a detachable plate, can i just cut mine to fit? Or do i have to change it over which would be a pain haha?

Thanks

Ben

Hi buddy, you might need to remove and swap over the sandwich plates behind the flywheel. The 4wd one is in 2 parts like you said, it has to clear the transfer box iirc. It all has to be covered up so the flywheel isnt exposed to stones an shit.

You should fire a few pics up of your EP95 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply.

In the end i matched up the n/a one and cut mine to fit :). Also found the rear gearbox mount different? The original is offset so need to shim mine out and for some reason my engine is sitting at a angle in the car. Although Both engine and gear box mount measure the same hmmmm. I will get pictures up just waiting to get it on the road then do a write up (Y).

Why are you changing the rear gearbox mount? Why do you not just leave the 4wd one in there. The only thing you need to swap is the engine. The mounts will all be fine and the engine mount will just line up wether its the 4wd or 4efte one. And as charlie said have you swapped the sump and put an oil flreturn on the 4wd sump as you need to do that for it to all fot and work.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry haven't been on here for a while! Urrrm well i have used the original mounts just changed the inserts for poly bushed ones. I know the rear gear box mount was offset so i can see why that needs spacing (not a issue). But the engine and gearbox tilt downwards towards the passenger side. Although i can't see why really. I can adjust them no problem was just trying to work out why. Yeah I switched the sumps otherwise i wouldn't have got this far lol. No i have a stage 2 TD engine so worth the swap (Y). Thanks for the replies :).

• 1 month later...

Hello all again, just wondering with the loom off the engine. The glanza had two holes on the bulk head where the 95 only has one? Did you guys drill one in place or routed the wires via a different location?

Thanks

Ben