If only I had a tig plant though lol. Never welded before and that's 10 months practice, well not even that, maybe 6-7 months. Applied for FMC tech. and had my interview a few weeks back for an apprenticeship, said they'd get back to me next week. Fingers crossed.

Be prepared if you get the apprenticeship most of the qualified welder/fabricators will say your welds are shocking and will point out imperfections no matter what. even if they are spot on.. believe me! lol

Looks very good though mate, keep at it!

A tig weld like that will have no imperfections the steel will be in contact before u start, if u lived here there would be a good chance of work with a few guys i no.

Apart from it being a concave weld and undercut from what I can see.

Try contacting alstom power or babcocks if you want a good welding apprenticeship mate.

FMC fell through... My friend applied for an apprenticeship at babcocks and they are doing a 6g test on her. She's never done pipe before or anything like that and it's quite a big leap going from practising plate to 6g pipe and possibly straight into 5g pipe. I'm not sure if my best bet is to just try phone companies to train me on pipe and get me coded or what. However I have been accepted for an hnc welding, fabrication and quality course. Anyone got any contacts for oil and gas companies in Scotland?

FMC fell through... My friend applied for an apprenticeship at babcocks and they are doing a 6g test on her. She's never done pipe before or anything like that and it's quite a big leap going from practising plate to 6g pipe and possibly straight into 5g pipe. I'm not sure if my best bet is to just try phone companies to train me on pipe and get me coded or what. However I have been accepted for an hnc welding, fabrication and quality course. Anyone got any contacts for oil and gas companies in Scotland?

If it's a apprenticeship they'll teach her are you sure she wasn't trying to test out for them?