starlet may be writen off

i was turning right into a side road the other day when someone waitin on the junction decided to pull out an went straight into the side of me spinnin me in the opposite direction. the back quarter panel is smashed in and looks like the back axle is bent as the wheel looks like its towing in a bit, so will need a new o/s/r quarter panel and a new axle, also there a line goin right across the middle of my alloy and right through the speedline writing quite deep aswell so will prob need a new wheel.

the guy has rang his insurance and admitted full responsibility so i had a phone call today to take my car down nationwide repair centre 2moro to check the damage.

now the problem is its lowered 40mm, has a different steering wheel, a k&n air filter, different exhaust, tinted windows and tinted rear lights.

i need to know if i will need to put it back to standard before i take it there, or wont it matter as im claiming off his insurance?

im hoping they dont write it off but I've been told by a few people that they might, dont look like it will cost much to repair but has any 1 else been in the same sort of situation an know if they'll repair it?

its a 98 sr wiv 72k on the clock

cheers rich

Alomst defo a write off mate sorry

I was in a similar position but they hit the front of mine

When they assess the damage they price everything as though it was all bein done with new parts etc

The assessor said mine had 4.5K damage but a garage took it off my hands for £150, repaired it and sold it on.

Clearly didnt cost 4.5K to repair :)

Ouch, sorry to hear but I hope your ok mate.

I take it you didn't notify your insurance company of your mods then? Bummer! I'd put it back to stock as much as I could before the insurance compant sees it.

Also, dibs on the steering wheel if your selling it (Pics and a price please)

How would his insurance company check if you had declared any mods? Your not claiming off your policy so im assuming they wouldnt be able to check? I dunno its something ive always wondered maybe someone knows for defo? Gutted about your car too!

The other party's assessors would check David against what he has exactly insured I reckon.

Really unlucky that Rich but hope something good comes of it.

Im pretty sure you have a 5efe in her, hopefully it won't cause you any problems with insurance.

Mine's insured as 1.5 and all.

If its salvageable and by chance, you could possibly sell the engine if its not damaged

Good Luck

Joz

Firstly sorry to hear this mate. Sounds likw a dumb tit who hit who!!!!

I deal with insurance companies every day so i know what you can and cant do.

With the car they will write it off IF you dont protest to it. This again depends on the damage as i haven't seen it so a picture would help a lot. If the parts that are damged are all easily replaceable like the axle as it just bolts on but if the bits that it bolts to are damaged you don't have much hope.

Take lots of pictures so i can see the car how it looks and underneath like the parts you say are damaged.

Next...they will write the car off due to the expense of the new parts. BUT you can request to use suitable second hand parts as it works out a hell of a lot cheaper, and in some cases you can say your fixing the car yourself and they pay for the parts but that varies with different companies.

And return it to standard without a doubt!!! IT is not worth the risk as if your found out then your insurance will be void and you can get blacklisted

And the last tip say you paid £2500 for it. They will ask for proof but say you have no receipt from the purchase.

Hope this helps

Bourkey

cheers guys, ye its a starlet sr wiv the 5e conversion.

was an old man tha hit me, dunno how he didnt see me if im goin across the front of him to turn right but he managed, no one was hurt tho.

i was speakin to sum 1 from an accident repair centre, he deals wiv things like this every day an he said it wouldnt matter if i had 4 bald tyres an no insurance they'd still have to pay out because he admitted it was his fault.

so i just left it how it was and took it to nationwide for an estimate an the guy said its a write off so just gotta wait for the insurance company to get back to me, i might just buy it back off them an get it fixed because i dont think it would cost much to repair, plus be sad to see the beast go.