Loosing coolant td04 glanza

Hi all

Had a good scan and couldn't find anything

Basically my glanza keeps pissing its coolant out the plastic cap of the overflow tank

Not sure on what to do to resolve it , seems like the pressure is too high in rad or the overflow tank is s**t

Here is a pic.

2vl6sdt.jpg

mcx5zc.jpg

It's a civic rad /fan td04 glanza

Shall i try get a better rad? Maybe a 3 core or just a bigger one , gaffer is there to hold the plastic cap down as it shoots off every

Now and then :(

Any help is very greatfull as only had the car a week or so

Thanks

Adam

Check the thermo isn't stuck shut if it's not I'm sorry to say your head gasket has gone pressurising your coolant system with co2 get it sniff tested at a garage for 100% if it's gone.

what he said

Check the thermo isn't stuck shut if it's not I'm sorry to say your head gasket has gone pressurising your coolant system with co2 get it sniff tested at a garage for 100% if it's gone.

what he said

Hi and thanks for the fast reply , i Tested the coolant with the chemical tester (checks for any combustion chemicals) and results came back fine , i also pressure tester for 30 mins and it held 1.5 bar fine.

will try flush the system Replace cap and thermostat thanks allot for the replies You guys are ace!

Will let you all know the results

Adam

How much coolant do you have in the tank when cold?

You need to have it just above minimum so when the system heats and expands the coolant has somewhere to go, it is an overflow tank not a feed or anything. I have seen people think it needs to be kept at the full level so as soon as the system pressures and coolant goes into the overflow it spill out of the top.

Flushed the system and did the old

Burp way to see if there was any air in the system and well there was allot of air in the system. Will keep

All

Updates if the problem has been solved since this

Thanks

Adam