Hi Guys,

I have a UK spec 92 carb starlet that i converted to a jap import 4efe a while back. The engine is getting tired now so I got a damaged jap spec ep82 to get the engine from for a replacement. I only just made the surprise discovery that the car I bought has 5e stamped on the block. :thumbsup: The guy I bought it from knows nothing about this so must be in it for some time.

So Ive been doing some investigating and I think its a 5efe (not a 5efhe), it has a built in coil, no harmonic balancer, pink injectors, inlet looks the same as 4efe, and it has a 4efe ECU. The info Ive found from searching seems to point at it being a 5efe I think.

Anyway my question is, since the car is wired for jap 4efe (with built in coil), will it just fit straight in or is there further loom mods needed?

The pink injectors are the jdm 4e ones. you would be better off fitting bigger injectors or it might be running lean.. But here is another suprise. because you have the pink injectors and probably all the other bits that where on the 4e, thats a 100bhp setup on a 4e :)