N/A EP91 ecu swap... will it work?

Ive been offered a Jap ecu for my uk starlet sportif, and it is a 2 plug fitment. I aint been and striped the dash yet to check, just wanted to know if anyone knows if they are the same fitment, also does it need anything else to run it.. i.e dangerous to just swap on its own??

Any help wud be greatly apreciated!!

Cheers again peeps!

Best man to answer this is Scutch0, Im sure he had a jdm 4efe ecu and tried it.

In my opinion it will fit straight in but not run/start your engine due to the difference in looms perhaps and the immobiliser.

The UK 4efe ecu is indeed a two plug.

I'd wait for Rich to confirm all that.

Joz

cheers joz.

it depends what car it was taken off.

i bought a 4efe jdm ecu that i believe was taken off a glanza s, which came with distributorless ignition, which didnt work.

if it has come from a jdm starlet with the same ignition system as the uk spec 4efe it should work, but you will need to find out what size injectors the car it was in used, the glanza s had yellow injectors apposed to the uk spec green ones.

the rev limit should be 7200rpm on the jdm ecu.

the only other problem you may have is if your car has an immobilizer (which mine didnt) as jap spec cars generally dont have them.

the ecu starlet jay is lookin at is mine, it came out of a 92 n/a starlet and it has pink injectors! hope that helps a tad!

there ya go lads, now sort me out!! will that fit into my 97 uk starlet?? i dont have a clue if it will go in without any issues and dont know what wud happen if i just plugged it in to find out!! dont wanna ruin teh engine!

CHeers again

Jay

• 2 months later...