If you having trouble just make sure its not losing pressure and moving back into position with the pedal depressed. If it is, change slave. If it isnt, check fork for cracks/damage. If thats good, check bearing and pressure plate

Im having trouble selecting gears mate, brand new clutch kit, slave and fork. The slaves acting fine (returning to start position) but wondering if theres a loss of pressure from the master or if its my gearbox. Got a new box to go but unsure if it actually works.

Read it could be a bad pressure plate

Heres the wierd thing, itll go in gear with the car off but not on. Can select a gear and turn the car over n it jumps forward with the clutch pedal down. Its like the clutch just isnt there.

Read earlier that sometimes the pedal needs adjusting when a clutch has been changed, never adjusted it before and im on my 3rd clutch

• 6 months later...

I had a very similar problem to this, car would select all gears fine when off but when started it wouldn't select any!! Turned out to just be the clutch pedal needed adjusting.. Had me stumped for 2 days lol and took me 30 seconds to fix! Always worth checking to see if theres enough travel in the pedal?

I had a very similar problem to this, car would select all gears fine when off but when started it wouldn't select any!! Turned out to just be the clutch pedal needed adjusting.. Had me stumped for 2 days lol and took me 30 seconds to fix! Always worth checking to see if theres enough travel in the pedal?