Thought i would do a quick blog on my EP82

Have a 1994 squarelight GT in white. Bought in feb 2006.

I havent really done as much as i hoped to do to the car but a brief list.

Straight away ditched the 15" tsw wheels (my missus has them on her NA EP91) and fitted some 16" OZ supeleggera's i had lying about and my blitz SUS filter (both bits off my AW11 !!)

ygtwtv.jpg

Cant really remember the order of things but done a few things:

TRD bonnet scoop

magnecor HT leads, new cap, rotor etc all replaced when my coil failed

whiteline front ARB

had some 15" white enkei (MX5) alloys lying about that i bought as track wheels for the AW11

AW11 front calipers with Vauxhall corsa (shock) drilled/slotted discs

WEPR full system with seperated decat (very loud, and needs sorting!)

celica VVTiL190 clutch

HG change! damn cars

bought the car and it had about 155k km on the clock, just coming up to 100k miles. Its recently just passed the 200k km mark! Not bad for a 1.3 turbo!

Have a WEPR FMIC for it but havent fitted yet as will need to sort out ins side of things to fit it <_<

recently changed the turbo as it was burning oil, but the replacement one wasnt much better!! So have been rebuilding one ready to go on.

Pic of my car at silverstone with the enkei's on:

yjq2bg.jpg

Um what else, well here is the turbo i had on her originally. It has a bit of a crack... !!

yqt1sc.jpg

Well, not much more to say at the moment.

Have lots of things i want to do, but always about the £££ :(

Next step will have to be a greddy emanage altho my gearbox is getting very nasty, well akward anyway!

Also want a WEPR T25 manifold and run a garret T25 at about 15psi.... But that's planned for this little baby....

yqaddm.jpg

And that being a 5EFE. Its currently in bits. Just obtained some 5EFHE rods for it so need to decide on the pistons now. Eventual aim is again the T25 at about 15-18psi and see how it goes (ideally i want circa 250bhp)

Cheers;

Harvey

My other car/project:

1988 AW11 (MR2)

Had this car about 4+ years now but its mean off the road for about 3 <_< Its the best car i have ever owned, and now i have a proper place to work on it hopefully it will finally live again!!

The rightful owner to the superleggera's!!!

yp2pdz.jpg

Basically it died becuase i stupidly had the rocker covers shot blasted and powdercoated. Now i cleaned them both in petrol cleaner etc. But not good enough because the grit seized up the valves :( And all i had to do was change the head and i didnt get off my arse and do it!!! Well i got it all off, machined but never got it back on!!

The beuaties that killed it

yp2pe2.jpg

Silverstone pitlane sat on 15" OZ Chrono that i stupidly sold to a mate:

ykbfd7.jpg

Anyway, i did finally start some work on it this year!! By luck i came across a ST 20v 4age for cheap so i bought it.

yn5vq7.jpg

Only problem was, one reason it was cheap... No ITB's included with it.. And i am still trying to obtain some! Getting a real pain now.

Looks like it was always meant to be there!!

ypavfk.jpg

It will work one day!! Aside from the ITB's i have a few wires to tie up (done about 90% of wiring). Make up a coolant line, rearrange a few things. And the big one - sort the rust out! Luckily its not as mad as many AW11 can be!

celica VVTiL190 clutch? Direct fitment?

The clutch itself is but the belease bearing is different its bigger.

I got around this my using the release fork and pivot from a C56 gearbox off a ST20v engine.

I wouldnt necessarily recomend it, as for one the clutch isnt cheap. I think i paid about £150 trade for a blueprint vvtil clutch.

I also dont have a clue how well its gonna hold up!! I just done it on the basis i wanted a clutch thats easy to live with but holds better. And as its rated for a 190bhp car it 'should' be stronger then a 4EFTE clutch. I guess i am the test pilot on how well it lasts! Ive probably only done ~10-15k km on it as i only fitted it july/aug.

Welcome mate, glad to see you've joined up!

And wow, you're a busy man, you got two cars already with thier own projects and still you want to get a starlet or paseo with a 4age? 3 cars? Thats just greedy man! <_< but seriously, good to have you on here, hope you enjoy your stay and keep us posted with what you're up to.

• 3 weeks later...