Power boost valves

nothing, none, no

that's answering all the questions :o They don't do anything, they just make a noise which boyracers instantly assumes, more power. All it does is disrupt the airflow of the brake booster Vacuum - how the hell is that going to affect ANYthing?! :)

if you buy one of the FSE ones, your engine wont last 5 mins :)

someone i knew had one, and when they did a strip down of the engine quite alot of things were busted due to this little shitty valve causing loads of det./pinking....

so on that note, stay well clear!!

Rob

yer my car had 1 wen i brought it but i put my car back to stock and my car was quicker, bt then someone persuaded me that they work and just need settin up bt due to slackness on my bhalf i dint bover an now my rings r fucked due to major borewash!!!! STAYCLEAR IMO

• 3 weeks later...

its not a "power boost valve" to start. thats a name some cunt gave them over here to sell them to little chavs. sounds cool doesnt it?

it is actually a fuel pressure regulator. it restricts and regulates the flow of fuel going back into the tank and this causes an incraese in pressure. more pressure means more fuel can be pushed out of the injectors in a shorter space of time when they are cycling. they do pretty much nothing on their own, they just add more fuel. you need more oxygen in the mix to make any kind of benefit.

basically, more air + more fuel = bigger explosion = more power.

they are only good for mild fuel tuning, and are not exactly accurate. if you want to do it properly youll need some engine management.