Just a quick question as i'm not sure myself,

Popped the sump off today to take a look at big ends as engine management light came on , Did a diagnostic and came back to the knock sensor which was replaced 2 weeks ago by TD, the car wasn't knocking but i weren't taking any chances with it

The big ends look ok but i'm going to replace them anyway as piece of mind !

My question is will the ACL heavy duty bearing be okay for my car ( glanza v ) the number on the old bearings is "6j2d" with a little symbol next to them which i'm guessing are standard big ends.

Don't want to buy them and not fitting because of different sizes .

The knock sensor isnt monitoring engine bearings knocking e.g. Big ends etc etc. it's monitoring det, pre ignition in other words. I would suggest having the ignition timing checked first of all. Hope this helps.

As for the ACL bearings. Yes they will be fine for your car but unless the shells are worn then I wouldn't feel the need to replace. Hope this info helps.

Edited by Sefton-EP91

I thought it was a almost like mini microphone listening for non familiar sounds in the bottom end ? :p

It only comes on when it gets warm and TD said it could be shit fuel that i put in when i had no choice , the car was mapped to v power and i had to put normal in ?

This shall prob start a war but get the same fuel you had in it when it was mapped then check all the wiring and if you have the same issue still take it to somewhere else. There's been a few people have there engines go bang after a td map

Cheers for reply's, so i should be okay to use the ACL big end bearings .?

Yeah a few people have said it probably caused because of the fuel that i used but at the time i had no choice! , i just didn't want it to be serious so that's why i took a look a big end bearing for any wear or signs of scoring.

The car drives brilliant now i had it mapped by TD and i can't see it going bang , it's not forged just standard.