Okay so, I've fit my BZG brakes, discs and pads.

I fully retracted the pistons before fitting. Made sure the MC was completely topped up, cleared the bleed nipples with the compressor and applied grease to threads to ensure tight seal, clamped lines before refitting. Lid left on MC and engine off. Copper washers replaced and everything on tight as I could manage

Started by opening front passo side and pumped with the nipple open for a minute into a jar of fluid to pass as much air as I could first. Did the same for driver side then. Once I got a bit of a feel in the pedal I bled both the fronts ensuring fluid stayed topped up.

Problem is now once the car starts up all feel is gone from pedal and takes 3 pumps to stop the car. I then went on to bleed all the brakes from furthest from the MC to the closest and it improved some but still takes 2 or 3 pumps to stop.

Any suggestions as to the issue??

Edited by Dylanfarrell

take all wheels off, take cap off brake fluid res.

start car, get someone to keep applying the brake on command

get a hose and a cup part full of brake fluid, attach to passenger side rear bleed nipple, loosen and get person to pump break till it's clear. tighten nipple

again on driver side rear, again on driver side front, again on passenger side front. keep topping up brake fluid res. (you may need to do the cycle twice to make sure they are bled correctly, i've had a lot of air come out when doing it a second time so best to do it twice, if not three times)

it still takes 2-3 pumps after this process? it should be stopping with the first push on the brake

Edited by Jamie5414

take all wheels off, take cap off brake fluid res.

start car, get someone to keep applying the brake on command

get a hose and a cup part full of brake fluid, attach to passenger side rear bleed nipple, loosen and get person to pump break till it's clear. tighten nipple

again on driver side rear, again on driver side front, again on passenger side front. keep topping up brake fluid res. (you may need to do the cycle twice to make sure they are bled correctly, i've had a lot of air come out when doing it a second time so best to do it twice, if not three times)

it still takes 2-3 pumps after this process? it should be stopping with the first push on the brake

See this is where you differ. From reading and being told by others they all say to leave the car off during bleeding? Could this be the culprit? As I've followed pretty much everything you've said there to a tee more than once and every time there's been nothing but clear brake fluid coming from the tube

i've always done it with the engine on and pumped it with it running, never done it without, maybe it can be done without the engine on and just ignition on, but as I say I just do it with the engine on, the person inside can keep warm with the heaters on then lol

So went and tried everything. Bled from back corner all the way around again. Covered the MC with a but of plastic to get a better seal and still no dirt or bubbles from the caliper. Bled the MC in situ and still nothing.

Hardly to do with the smaller N/A brake servo being up to pushing enough fluid for the BZG brakes?

Calipers on the wrong side so upside down? Hahaha classic ill have to remember that one.

Tbh next time you have an issue. Post some pics someone would have spotted that in an instant ;)

I know, luckily I was fortunate enough as to not have to go through so much work to come to the same conclusion. Swapped around, quick bleed and they were rock solid!

I was really blindsided by the fact that they bolted on as they should and looked spot on only for the bleed nipple was pointed down as opposed to up!

I was hoping to get away with that alright, works for most yokes I've worked on before.

Turns out my friend has been having the very same problem with his brakes after having the whole car apart. Thought the MC and Abs were air locked. .... turns out he also put the calipers on back wards too lol