Getting blue smoke from my exhaust not much but you can see a tint of blue now and again, all the people who have looked at it have said it's valve stem seals, is there anyone on here that would be able to help me take the head off so i can take it to be sorted out? I was quoted £250 labour for a garage to everything, apart from they would send the head off to get someone to do it.

That's a lot of money mate, you could do it yourself. It's very straight forward job for someone with basic knowledge. It's mostly just common sense. You can also do it with the head on and putting rope down the spark plug hole. I say have a crack yourself mate if you feel confident enough. There are plenty of people willing to give info on here.

You can put rope down the spark plug holes (not all the way in, just enough to lodge the valve closed) So put rope Down hole and turn to TDC that way way it holds valve in position rather than dropping in the cylinder. Or use compressed air to hold the valve up. These methods are not really worth doing unless you are on a tight budget and don't want to do the head gasket aswell. Hope this helps :)

I have the same issue. It seems to be at random times. Sometimes when it's warm and I have stood for a minute it puffs a small blue smoke cloud and then sometimes is from start up it blows a little and sometimes if it's quite warm it throws a small cloud out.

Does anyone know the symptoms ?