So I got these keys with my Starlet. I know the normal key is the spare but never seen one similar they rare or just a normal spare?

StarletKeysampFob.jpg

Also the Key Fobs don't work. I was told they need new batteries by the previous owner but as you can see by the one on the right. He had attempted opening one of the fobs and broke it attempting to replace the battery. So I'm wondering what's the best option to get it to work without breaking the one in perfect condition? I did just read somewhere you can still get them from Toyota but I can't find where to get them is there any website or just ring Toyota?

Cheers guys, Bret.

if the red light is flashing on the good fob then VVVVVVVV

Unlock car.
Sit in drivers seat, shut door.
Put key in the ignition, turn key to on then off 3 times.
Remove key and press the button on the new keyfob.
Central locking should operate.
Put the key back in the ignition and turn on/off again 3 times.
Once again remove and press the new keyfob button
Central Locking should operate again.

if the red light is flashing on the good fob then VVVVVVVV

Unlock car.

Sit in drivers seat, shut door.

Put key in the ignition, turn key to on then off 3 times.

Remove key and press the button on the new keyfob.

Central locking should operate.

Put the key back in the ignition and turn on/off again 3 times.

Once again remove and press the new keyfob button

Central Locking should operate again.

No red light mate :/ Proper dead I suppose.

The batteries are kinda spot welded in place the fobs themselves are sealed too...

I can tell you it is possible to cut them open carefully remove the battery and replace it and stick it back together

I read they were spot welded in. Ermmm, I'm thinking of going to buy a battery for the fob and try and glue to already broken one rather than messing up the one in perfect condition. I'll have a good go anyway lol.

Bret.

There should be an L shaped tab that slips over the battery, this has a spot in the middle which can be gently prized away... if the batteries been removed if the batteries been removed forcefully by the previous owner the chances are the tabs probably been snapped off?

Aghh right cheers Ant I didn't know if it was the cut ones or the uncut :p And I don't see a tab Tobz. But Believe it or not I tried to open the other key fob and couldn't open it so I gave up. Walked upstairs to put it away I clicked the button and I saw it flash! So I went to try it outside it didn't work. Followed the steps above and wallah! Worked straight away. Doesn't work from to far away but it works! :)

Bret.