Thanks Chris.

Hopefully I'll have the leak sorted Saturday. Depends on the parts getting here Friday. Most of the are available in Perth, but the oil pum seal is from Sydney, and the rear main is from the motherland. I didn't plan on doing the rear main this weekend anyway, but the pump seal is worrying, as I know one of the two down there is busted, but I don't know which one it is. Mist cloud coming off the lower cover, with top cover removed, anyone can guess? Crank or pump?

Also received a package from the step-motherland, thanks id-workz, I now have all I need for my eyes upgrade... Except a Dremel. Can I borrow one? Please? :pardon:

Next week should be a good one.

by the way, I mentionned I smashed my finger, a week ago today, it's going well, I have a fair bit of movement back, the swelling is going, the pain is gone but the nail will most likely have to go. Don't click if you don't want to see how it looked a week ago...

1377363_10205018813981849_47982676048622

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received all the seals I needed, so tomorrow will be a busy day. I'm replacing them all on the belt side for Toyota Genuine parts. Crank, cam, bung, rocker cover, oil pump o-ring, and even the oil pump seal made it in time. :)

I removed massive HID spot lights from a used car at work because one was flickering. I wanted to fit the working one directly through the bonnet of my beater, but they won't let me have it for a few weeks for various reasons. the beater might not even be licensed anymore then... would have been funny, but also a big cop bait... :p

There's a new member as well, Harry, he has a 4 doors 4E-FTE in Beaconsfield. We should get together some time, if you need an EP for a cruise you can use my beater :p

Ah only down the road then!

I dont have an EP here,came close to buying a few times though!

Must get a look at the ep some time!

Crank seal was the culprit. It slid out and was rubbing on the pulley, and once the friction took all the rubber away to the metal, the inner rubber had nothing to hold on to. Pop. The cam seal was also pushing out. Replaced by genuine stuff, not more leaks there.

And the rear main is leaking. The seal is ordered, but 4 weeks out of Japan, my car won't see much road this month.

I guess so... lol gotta get back to showing up before the shop opens and being kicked out at 5:30
The lower support bracket is bolted on and all bent, I'd have to find a tube to weld on it for the bolt. And the top one of course. I ordered all the silicone couplings I need for the intake system, When I get the one for the inlet mani I'll know if it needs modifications or not...

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have a busy weekend... I'll be alone, no worries about making noise, 3 projects underway, plus some small stuff as well.

If I could stop butchering my hands, that is. My right index nail is just about to fall off, will be a relief, no fear of ripping it off while working. And a few days ago I fitted a new gash on my left index finger, lenghtwise, just over an inch long and crosses the first 2 joints, I needed 5 bandages in two layers to stop the bleeding...

To be fair, let me show you two pics of ongoing work. Only sneak peaks, for now. I mentionned this a couple of times, it is happening.
10986667_10205089156820376_2719704979432

10390575_10205089154420316_2813140553255

So today, Thursday, I've been told my rear main arrived two days ago. Just as I have to go in town ref'ing like every Thursday night. With the beater, that lights only up to 5 meters ahead of the car on high beams!
In the two days it was sitting there I could have had replaced it after hours... But good news, it'll be fixed real soon, and I won't have to renew the rego on the beater, which is due in 7 days...
That beater tho, Bought it in october, 209,000 km, now has 221,199km, sticker says oil change was due at 179,000km. I never checked it, but it runs perfect (sort of).

Indicators are held by screws and tabs. Be careful with the tabs not to break them...

That the white one that exploded recently??

Yes. I think I can guess a bit of history on that car/previous owner. When I got the beater in October, a guy was selling a Glanza front cut body panels (missed them by a day...) then I see Harry's sleeper FTE swap... Not much time between the 2...

Well that means there are 3 FTE EP's I know of in WA then. The guy at C-RED tuning has one as his back up car, He had it when I went there for quotes, it's wrapped camo... the guy who sold the parts on gumtree and you. If you need help putting it back on the road let me know, I can spin a wrench :p

theres a red sleeper around thats just been registered im pretty sure. a good mate of mine in going to do the swap and im going to help him. im looking for an ebc at the moment, will need to keep the boost down as i dont think the fe motor will like the to4l at full boost. what sort of power are you hoping to make with your setup? :)

On paper I should get about 150-160kW. 200-215hp. But I've been thinking about putting the high compression pistons back in, but don't really want to open it again (yet). So I'll be keeping my pistons, but the rods are yours if you need them. I'll see how it goes with the blower before playing with compression.
That red sleeper might be the guy who was selling his glanza front cut panels. The V was white but I don't know what color his was.

Edited by FMuscle

maybe keen on the rods, but im not planning on opening up the 4efe. going to get it tuned but im not planning on more than 150hp because i need reliability. its not that red sleeper either, that one was also bought from over east a fair few years ago :)

Theres a white 3 door one around the corner from me in manning im preety sure is turbo,had silver glanza panels from memory.

Ive also seen a white 98 spec kitted one around osborne park,i dont know if its turbo though.