Few pics of my new buy :)

yeah it was on ebay, managed to get it for less then asking price but still think 3 was slightly to much.

Car seems sound engine whise, clutch went on thursday though but changed that now runs like a dream so far fingers crossed it's a keeper lol cheers chaps

did you do a hpi check on it bud as it is CAT C DAMAGED REPAIRED insurance write off

hello bud

How did u know it's a cat c? does anyone know how this happened??

Also what stage is Cat c I didn't even think about doing a HPI check silly me... Well i just done one and it has been cat C witch is fairly disappointing. How bad would the smash have to be for a cat C or could it be as little as a dent in the door ect??

Edited by nevertomorrow

Always HPI a car before buying a car. Being a cat C the value drops a fair bit, ask for some money back? He should have mentioned that in his for sale ad to be honest mate

Aamir

Cat C can be quite decieving some times as ive seen loads of cars that are cat D with much worse damage. My first car was cat C and all it needed was a sump, subframe and front splitter as the person had run over a post. Where as my bro got a bmw cat D and the whole front end had gone and both chassis legs were bent badly

Cat C can be quite decieving some times as ive seen loads of cars that are cat D with much worse damage. My first car was cat C and all it needed was a sump, subframe and front splitter as the person had run over a post. Where as my bro got a bmw cat D and the whole front end had gone and both chassis legs were bent badly

When it comes to selling the car it won't be worth as much, purely because it's previously been hit and no one wants a car which isn't HPI clear

Aamir

wow britain do cars way different to rep of ireland wish we had all the cat stuff so many cars are just fixed without insurance knowing

But i dont blame them to much insurance is sky high here for little cover just a pricy piece of paper on the window really

Its a shame really. To be honest i wouldn't of mind if he had told me but for the fact he hasn't and I've obviously payed more then i should of im slightly dissapointed :cray: . And now the fact it will be harder to sell but oh well just gives me a excuse to keep it longer :)

Cheers guys