On going error code 52 saga

Really starting todo my head in ill just start from the beginning.

Picked up a forged v running a td04 and emu. Power wise was shocking so stuck my hybrid gt28 on it and took it to be remapped. The car always had issues starting from warm which I put down to the horrid map. So day arrives am at the rollers car goes on and guy starts to map it 10 mins in the car stalls and we can't get it to start. Number of checks later we found the timing belt was out. Sorted that and got back on rollers but the car wouldn't boost past 1.2bar but still made a decent figure and was a machine to drive. Only issue was a speed sensor error if I sat between 3 and 5k for a few seconds which I had on my last v and the last person put it down to the crappy manual tps .So decided the boost issue was likely a wastegate issue and took it away to get a new spring. Everything went fine for few weeks untill I found myself racing a ford rs played chases for an hour or so and gave it absolute death. Go out to car next day and eml pops up its the knock sensor warning. So far I've checked the wire and it seems to be fine I've checked the metal sheilding for the cable and it to looks to be fine. Just changed the knock sensor and its still giving me an error. Basically totaly fine till the revs but 4k then the light pops on. What's strange is when the car was being mapped russ the mapper could not get it to det at all which he put it down to it being a super low compression engine build for big boost.

Only thing I can think todo now is take it back to the mappers and have them look over it but as its a 350 round trip and trying to get a day there free and am not working is almost impossible.

Just looking for any advise before I bite the bullet and have to give the car and my wallet back to the garage

Sorry to seem blunt , but does that not mean your engine is trying to stop it self from blowing up ? i thought When the computer senses the knock starting it can make slight adjustments to keep it from happening which cause eml ?

I am properly totally wrong !!!

Id say find somewhere where you can get a multimeter probe on the conductor of the shield and put the other probe to earth, like a bolt or something. Should see minimal resistance. Or make a tiny tiny knick in the cable insulation of the shield so you can get a probe on thr conductor

code 52 is for the knock sensor - it will usually brings up the EML when near 3000rpm.

Most common reason for it show this code is when the wire or shield is damaged or if the connector on the knock sensor is broken,

When the EML light comes on the ECU goes into safe mode and will not advance ignition. It also makes it run rich so MPG is not as economical.

My car had the em light on with code 52 and ran fine. My knock sensor wasnt even connect

code 52 will always make your car run rich regardless of how well you think it runs it will not let ignition advance either - its hard wired into the ECU so its not like it will run differently on other cars. Im speaking from experience and known facts.