Thought my GT was buggered last night...

I came in on thursday night, parked in my drive as usual and went to my kip. Woke up next day and got in the carat 4.00pm, started it up and reveresed out the drive way, when i was driving away it felt as if my brakes were on or something. The car was so unresponsive, i had my foot down to the floor in second and it was just slowly going through the revs. After it heated up it was fine, any ideas?

Could be the rear brakes binding as they are utter **** (insert own word lol)

Is your driveway flat or nearly flat? whenever you park ya car up leave the handbrake OFF and leave it in gear (as long as your not on a slope you will be ok) Just remember you left it in gear when you get in the car t start it!!

Mine have always played up, started seizing on. So always left the handbrake off, then approaching mot time realised they were not working well enough! So had to start using it again! lol

Another possibily is maybe the handbrake cable had froze. If the seals are gone could have water in it. If thats the case it will only get worse as it will start to corrode and get stuck.

Sounds like a frozen handbrake/stuck caliper - Apparently the best thing for it is to rock the car back and forth a couple of times before pulling away.

To prevent it don't put the handbrake on straight away after braking, let the brakes cool down first, especially if you've been riding them.