ct9 - play in shaft, what next?

turns out there is play in the shaft.

what should i do next, budget options:
- source a rebuild kit and have a go myself?
- get a 2nd hand ct9?
- send it away to be rebuilt?

whats the most cost effective way? or should i go mental and get a ct9 hybrid?

i have some ct20's kicking about, should i mix 'n' match?

fuck the ct9 in the bin and upgrade to cheap tdo4 kit then make 1 of these adaptor plates so you can bolt a turbo cat onto it and pass mot/nct :) :)

na theres more to the conversion then this adapter plate. wanna keep it ct9 for. got a gt28r for when the time comes

just as simple as that mate have a look just tdo4 and a mani with custom adaptor plate ofcourse you will nead a oil line to but that aint hard work :)

now i have revealed wich manni it works with oooops :( :( ha ha dont work with most of them !!!!!

Photo0105_zpsd8c731e8.jpg

Edited by 5e colin

just as simple as that mate have a look just tdo4 and a mani with custom adaptor plate ofcourse you will nead a oil line to but that aint hard work :)

now i have revealed wich manni it works with oooops :( :( ha ha dont work with most of them !!!!

what about other bits like FPR, fuel cut, uprated pump etc?

dont need them yet you can run like this 7psi perfect with stock ecu and feuling 1 thing you do need is fmic i am even running stock exhaust atm for nct/mot 1s you have it there then its very easy to make it go faster ha ha

i did this becouse i went tru sooo many shitty ct9 smoke machines i have a smokeless vf now with no play ( really minimal ) etc etc will never go back to ct9 and i am emissions legal to :)

• 7 months later...

dont need them yet you can run like this 7psi perfect with stock ecu and feuling 1 thing you do need is fmic i am even running stock exhaust atm for nct/mot 1s you have it there then its very easy to make it go faster ha ha

got one of these in the post now colin.

would this work the same for an unopened 5efhe accompanied with a 2.5" exhaust?