starlet soleil l

Hey guys any one know if there is anything different with the soleil engine compared to other 4efe? From what I've looked so far it appears to just be ecu.

Just took the engine out of mine and seeking a new one so any knowledge much appreciated

Its a Gen1 FE so its 100ps. Has a crank marked FTE, thick conrods similar to GT rods or the same i believe, stronger FTE valve springs, pistons im not sure of. Also has pink injectors, 100ps ECU, inlet & TB thats the same as a FTE one. Different exhaust manifold, mine has a cat built into the mani.

It's basically an ep82 4efte with higher compression pistons. Pink injectors, different ignition system.

It's more complex than that but that's the basics.

There is a threaded hole in the block for a knock sensor also.

Very good engine to throw 0.5-0.6bar of boost at (safe number, higher figures have been achieved) and makes for a fast spooling setup with the same effective compression ratio as the 4efte at 1.0 bar

Yep sounds all right pink injection 4 speed revs high too. Bought it a while back but got done over soon as I got the car home had some nasty noises so asumed bearing but neglect for a year and now she's running on 3 cylinders. So I got bearings for her but because of the cylinder problem I wanted to get the head off to make sure the rings and boar's are okay as I'm not looking to spend lots of money I've bough 2 starlets and both them have faild to ever make it to the road hahs.Back to the point! come up against a problem 2 of the head bolts are slightly rounded Il be able get them out but they will need replacing.and head bolts alone I'd imagine are more than a used 4efe.

anyway the whole thing is out now.

So what I wanted to gain from this thread was if I stright swap my engine for a standard 4efe will I lose much will it be worth using the head or isn't just a stronger engine ect. Guys mucj appreciate your reply very good info and fast thanks alot

Don't put a normal 4efe in ;) close discussion haha

X2 it would be a shame.

But the cost of a rebuild on the 100ps lump would be about 10 times the cost of a normal FE so i see your point.

What about a 5E ? Theres one in the F/S section. That would be awesome will the 100ps stuff strapped to it :)