Video - Photo Editors Apple or Windows?

I need a laptop to start doing some audio editing and light video editing via the Adobe package....mostly audition and premier.

But I'm torn between either a used macbook pro or new/used windows laptop.

I've checked the requirements of the software and narrowed it down to.

1. macbook pro

2. Hp Zbook

3. Asus N56VZ

Has anyone used both windows and apple netbooks for editing? If so what would you recommend?

Got a budget of £300 - £500

Cheers

I've edited on numerous different desktops over the years and I think due to cost and ability to update later on the pc is a better choice. I used macs in college and they did the job fine with final cut however each desktop was over a grand and they did seem to freeze quite often when multiple programs were open. I don't really like that with apple you kinda get what you get when you buy any of their stuff. Once it's out of date you can't just change a few parts out with ease and it lasts another year....

They're both good but to be careful with costs and plan for the future I'd stick to windows.

See your point. Most of the editors I know locally are Isheep, so will not entertain anything else outside of macs and macbook pros.

I need to be mobile, so a desk top is out of the question. Can you suggest a good enough windows laptop within my budget that'll be good enough for the job?

• 4 weeks later...

Want to share my two pence on this: I'd consider myself knowledgeable on the subject. I'm in IT as a profession. I've built home systems, but a more relevant one would be my Gaming rig,

IMG_2224_zpse020cb87.jpg

​A £1600 liquid cooled gaming rig that has all the goodies you'd ever need for editing video, audio, photos, and of course, playing games.

​A i7 3.5GHz with 16Gb of RAM, a 280mm radiator, dedicated Audio card and enough storage to last a life time.

FDD91DAB-3335-4B71-9866-C47679E60D72_zps

​Yeah I spent enough on this PC. But what you get, Apple would never offer. Enough power to last 10 years, and a 3K machine, if you were to buy off the shelf.

​I'm not what you'd call the biggest fan of Apple. I like their operating system, although if you're after a Unix based operating system then use sometime like Debian or Ubuntu, but their machines are just overpriced like mad. And people think that because professionals use them then that must be the way to go. No it's a circle. Professionals use them, people ask professionals what they use and do the same. Apple may, may not, have lost their edge, but because the market is using Apples then people cling on to the belief that that's what they should use.

​I'm not what you'd call a Windows fan either, yes I like Windows 8 because it's pretty, but that's for gaming. I use Debian on a daily basis and for me that's the best OS i've ever used. So clean and nice.

​If you got a budget of that much then stick with a Windows platform. For your money you will get a lot more. And if you look at my gaming rid, you'll notice almost every part is asus. From the Motherboard, to the Audio card, even that screen on the front of my PC is Asus. Very good brand, a slight premium but not nearly as much as Apple.

​Also, a finally little piece. If you want serious power and value for money. Build it yourself. You don't have to go overboard. I've got fully mechanical keyboard and gaming mice. You can spend that sort of price on a desktop and have serious power. It's not that hard of a job either. Took me a few months to research what I wanted, bearing in mind I wanted high end parts, and only a day to build. Simple and well worth the time. I bought my PC outright, but it felt like finance. Cause I bought the CPU, Motherboard and ram one month. Graphics card the next. Didn't do it in one hit so it doesn't feel like it cost me that much.