The threaded rod on the actuator, is connected to the internal wastegate trapdoor. Which dumps boost when a set limit is reached. To maintain a boost level...

As a base. Take the locking nut off and tension the rod so it just keeps pressure on the wastegate to keep it shut. You can then tighten it more and more to raise the boost. Or use a boost controller..

Shorter the rod/more tension - More Boost

Longer the rod/less tension - Less Boost

Well before I bought a new turbo it would boost hard to 10psi then creep to 14psi few days head gasket went. Had it repaired then bottom end went knock about 20mins down road :/ it's got a hks fcd but I've been told to take that off straight away,

There was a massive crack in the wastegate port so I bought a pukka ct9 for £25 & decat & zisco mani just gotta put it all back together now. Would you guys reccomend taking off the fcd? I'd also like to take the speed limiter off what do I need for that?

I don't have a stock actuator haha couldn't I just set the hks actuator at a safe level until I get emanage?

Yeah you could it's just easy wacking the stock one back on just make sure you adjust it correct, watch the boost gauge all the time