Latest aero mod for the trackstar...

First off, very nice purchase. :thumbs:

Quick Q, why put a spoiler that big on a FF car? It will not help it.

A spoiler is for aiding traction on a rear wheel drive car, and for stability at higher speeds.

Not having a go, but i think it wont work as well as you think, or if it does, it will try and lift your front wheels all the time on track, not good eh?

As i say, not having a go at it, just voicing an opinion.

kind of agree there, but I suppose the spoiler will help where the EP most needs it - high speed corners, where the very lightly loaded rear-end will prove skittish. He has canards at the front so that would restore some of the lift at the front end given by that gargantuan rear spoiler.

the wing looks adjustable

i dton think it would lift the rear wheels atall, dependant on the suspension setup

i actualy think it would help. think about it, alot of top jap tuners use massive wings on eps, check out zep, and cruse power

i dton think it would lift the rear wheels atall, dependant on the suspension setup

A few very interesting points there :)

I agree about the rwd cars needing the wings for traction....my old MR2 had a similar sized rear GT wing that stuck the car to the road at speed.

One hope with the wing is that it'll add some virtual weight in the form of downforce to the rear of the car to make it more predictable and less skittish. The problem I have with the trackstar is that at the last weigh in, the DI was (I forget now) about 0.54 or something...meaning the turning centre of the car was some way infront of the rear axle, making the car turn quickly, but hard to read and keep on the edge of traction. Since then I've removed another 40kg from the car, mostly the front with the aim of moving the DI backward slightly (which I have acheived...ish) but this wing, although it's lighter than the stock boot lid and spoiler combo should add downforce without adding any weight...that's the theory anyway, I'm no aero wiz.

Riko is right, I have the cannards up front to aid front end downforce and shall soon fit a front spoiler and splitter (maybe undertray) to help matters further. Although saying that, it would be a good idea to get the damn thing on track first to see what needs improving! ;)

the wing looks adjustable

i actualy think it would help. think about it, alot of top jap tuners use massive wings on eps, check out zep, and cruse power

You mean the other way around chap? :)

By increasing "Virtual Weight" (as Mark intriguingly calls it) at the rear, you will compress the rear suspension more, which would extend the front suspension slightly - it's really an Aerodynamic lift perse', but it's lift regardless! With the canards though the situation will be reduced - and as you rightfully said Geo, the suspension settings can be tailored to counter the effect to an extent

You mean the other way around chap? :)

By increasing "Virtual Weight" (as Mark intriguingly calls it) at the rear, you will compress the rear suspension more, which would extend the front suspension slightly - it's really an Aerodynamic lift perse', but it's lift regardless! With the canards though the situation will be reduced - and as you rightfully said Geo, the suspension settings can be tailored to counter the effect to an extent

lol yea totaly bud :p