Tiding up my engine bay need help?

Hey guys

Well its getting closer and closer to my big strip down and rebuild.

the car doesnt have AC in the bay and I plan to remove it from the cockpit also.

So what loom can I remove and such I know people have managed to remove plenty of stuff from the bay

My bay looks like this atm its a mess but will look good once done.

Posted Image

Its a ep82

I know theres a carbon canister near the fuel filter anyone got any pics of how tidy that area can look?

Got 4 days off so gonna lable the loom and pipework to start the strip down. Hopefully want a list of bits I can rip out that just simply not needed.

Cheers

you can remove the carbon canister but will need to put a 1 way valve on the pipe going to the fuel tank so it doesn't shot fumes all over your bay with the potential of starting a nasty fire.

could ditch the power steering if you wanted I did away with mine looks a ton better with out it imo and I think it feels better too obviously not when your going slow i.e parking lol but when your giving it some you can feel everything suppose its personal prefferance on that one though.

relocate the battery to the boot? that can be done fairly cheap.

Yeah was thinking move battery to the boot no idea how but would be nice :D

Carbon canister is to go. Was also thinking getting a braided line from fuel rail to fuel filter made up to make the bay look nicer.

I seen lots of people can remove loads of loom for the AC in that area also there anh guides to what I can safely remove without messing things up to much

- Battery in the boot

- Washer bottle in the boot

- Hide injector wiring by turning the injector round in the fuel rail so that the plugs are facing down between the inlet runners and feed injector loom for each injector through the inlet runners

- Get rid of carbon canister as above using a one way valve

- relocate fuel filter to somewhere a bit more hidden

- mount fpr near the drivers side strut tower to get rid of all that fuel line

- Once you've relocated the fpr you could remove the tmic bracket that sits over the rocker cover

- Get rid of those hardpipes that run over the timing cover and use vac hose hidden under the wing

You can remove power steering if you want, but I personally think they are total dogs without it. looks miles neater without, but i would never do it to one of mine...

Thanks for all the ideas guys.

battery prob will go boot but nothing else. Gonna ditch the fpr compleatly its what killed the car when the last owner had it.

The injector loom idea sounds great!

Power steering going to stay its my first car so be much nicer for me :D