Brian Crower vs Cruise Valve Springs

hi, I have searched all over and haven't seen anyone using the BC springs, the cruise seems to be a popular choice.

Does anyone have any specs on any of these springs, most import, seated tension. I don't want a too stiff spring to shorten the life of my cams but i also want to rev to 8800 to 9000rpm. Im open to suggestions of other brands. Please advise.

Thank you,

Navin

do supertech sell exhaust valves on their own?

cant see any 4efte valves on their site.

Phil

Yes they do, you have to go through PEC though as they have had valves made by supertech for the E series head. Same ones that Abbott is running.

Or ask supertech to do a custom set for you.

Edited by AdamB

Yes they do, you have to go through PEC though as they have had valves made by supertech for the E series head. Same ones that Abbott is running.

Or ask supertech to do a custom set for you.

they says 25mm (+1mm) which is what? 26 mm or are they saying stock is 24?

Phil

• 3 months later...

do supertech sell exhaust valves on their own?

cant see any 4efte valves on their site.

Phil

Sorry to bring up an old thread but why do you say exhaust valves on there own phil? Is it only nesecery to do the exhaust valves? Are they more of a restriction? Or is it just down to personal preference?

the exhaust/intake ratio is the balance that needs redressed on a 4efte for more performance.

the intake vales are something like 28mm and the exhaust ones are 24? ish ( i knew the exact numbers once) lol

now on most modern turbo engines those numbers would be closer together.

the intake valve actually lets in compressed air(turbo) plus active suck/pull cycle (4 stroke) meaning the valve throat dia gets plenty of flow help.

whereas the exhaust valves yes have the upstroke pushing the gases out but only passive(not active) help from the lower pressure in the exhaust/turbo.

so you at full throttle big spec motor you will end up with some gases staying within the cyclinder and going through another cycle... reducing the availible CC that can be filled with oxygen/fuel rich air from the intake.

high comp helps this (less potential waste air left after up stroke) high lift/longer duration cams may alleviate the issue by giving more space/time for escape of waste air.

but your valves/seat/throats is the no1 restriction. change that you change everything.

Phil

^^^ cant you use intake valve for the exhaust there equal size then ????

you dint want them equal, just the differential to be less.

also i doubt they would fit, i cant remember the sizes of the top of my head but something like 27mm is max exhaust size you could fit in. (supra valves would work with reground cams)

Phil

Exhaust valves should be sized 90%-92% of the inlet valve in a forced inducted motor.

As stock 29.5mm intake and 26mm exhaust, it is only 88%. This where the E series engine is the eco of Toyota's range where something called internal EGR takes over. Where the exhaust gas is left remaining in the cylinder after combustion when we don't want it there for performance sake.

Meaning to get the 90-92% target the exhaust valves would need to be sized at 26.5mm - 27.5mm.