Ok guys my mate give me a brand new 13 row mocal oil cooler tonight but I'm really stuck on what fittings braided lines sandwich plate etc to get has anyone made there own kit up that can point me in the right direction? also is it possible to run sum sort of thermostat on a oil cooler so it's only in use when the oil gets to a certain temp any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks Ryan

Edited by Whitenoize

It says on the paper work 1/2 bsp fittings with a concave seat I'm not sure what fittings I need don't wanna go buying the wrong stuff I'm sure I saw on sumones build thread about running a thermostat so the cooler only come into use when needed but can't find it again fs

I think I mite contact mocal and see if they can supply a fitting kit 4e specific seems it's going to be a bit of a pain to make my own up going to hunt around try find out a bit more info on these thermostatic sandwich plates see if it's even worth getting

I will be doing track days next year this car is just a toy really bit of a project will maybe drive it the odd sunday.. I know it can be dangerous on a daily car as it takes longer to for the oil to get up to operating temp that's y I'm asking about a thermostat so it only opens when it's getting warm