Finally going to tackle my bottom end.

Personally I'd just wait. A year, six months, two. Doesn't matter at the end of the day. If this is a pride and joy then it's worth the wait. And it's not exactly costing you anything not to drive it. I've had my main mode of transport off the road for 7 months due to rebuilding it. Ultimately I was better off cause it was done properly.

​As said if the engines coming out anyway you'll never be in a better position to sort EVERYTHING out again for a long time. So if it's a job worth doing, it's worth doing right. You'll only regret it later otherwise.

​Also I've looked into ACL bearings...They're good for up to 25K miles. I don't see what the big deal is! 25K miles! Do you know how far that is lmao! According to Google that is the circumference of the earth!! In one drive at 60 mph without stopping that would take 416 hours! Continuously for 17 days lmao! And then at 25'000 miles just redo the bearings. Not that big of a job. I was speaking to my brother about this. He had a Honda Civic type r that he absolutely adored. Drove it everywhere. In the 4 years he had it he didn't even manage 20K miles. That's 5K miles a year for a weekend toy. I wouldn't want to clock thousands of miles on a starlet. And as said when they become due...just spend the money and have a garage swap them or do it yourself.

^^^^ jeez do you do only sunday driving ???? :p :p i racked up 38.000km in my gt in 2 years and 3 months

acl is only good for race engines i think that get rebuild very quickly i personly prefer oem ( when i can afford them ) or moterfacters 1s they even last lnger then acl !!!!!!!!

No, small town Cheltenham. Used to drive everywhere. Think there is more fun boosting though. Bought the car with just under 60K and sold with about 80. So roughly 20k miles.

​My brothers a DJ so used to drive and down the country in it doing gigs. But had a van for the week days. Ultimately my starlet is a toy. It's not my daily commuter. Yeah if you're driving a daily commuter you're going to rack up miles, but I don't understand why you'd want to tune the fook out of a daily driver. Rather just have a Micra for a daily driver and the Starlet as the weekend toy. I know funds have to permit but tuning is expense work.

If I went forged then I would still want to use standards. I would rather just fit bearings and just hope regualar services keep them going without needed to strip down the bottom end after 25k.

Anyone know a cheap n/a for sale? At least that way my engine stand wont stand emtey for another 12 months.

This is my first car so standard boost will be good for me to get to grips. The kia me and the missus own is slow and I hardly get to drive it.

No, small town Cheltenham. Used to drive everywhere. Think there is more fun boosting though. Bought the car with just under 60K and sold with about 80. So roughly 20k miles.

​My brothers a DJ so used to drive and down the country in it doing gigs. But had a van for the week days. Ultimately my starlet is a toy. It's not my daily commuter. Yeah if you're driving a daily commuter you're going to rack up miles, but I don't understand why you'd want to tune the fook out of a daily driver. Rather just have a Micra for a daily driver and the Starlet as the weekend toy. I know funds have to permit but tuning is expense work.

ha that question is easy to answer because i like to boost hard daily and hate al other cars there just boring to drive ( the 1s i can afford )

starlet scares me in the wet and i like that :)

EDIT: i wont be seen dead in a micra not even as a passanger :) :)

Edited by 5e colin