Happy New Year All! I Need Sum Advice on Mods Plz!

Hi Rich

Soz for losing ya mate.

I thought that you had removed the bug eye manifold ;b

I was talking to WhiteStarlet and he told me about a local Jap Car Breaker (Beatties) so I am phonin them up 2morrow morning and if they got the manifold (which they had a few before Xmas im told) Ill fly straight over there.

I am also going to phone up Funky and ask them abt ordering an Apexi, altho it is £110 the description says nothing about an adapter being included so thats what I gotta ask them. For the record I am sure I saw a wee add in funky for a special deal on Injen Heat Shields so I am gonna snap one of those up too if they are still about. Will a heat shield help me in this setup?

Also do you think its worth getting an induction pipe made to relocate the cone somewhere else or do you think it wont make a difference?

I see you have modified the standard cold air feed pipe on your engine, would I get away with leaving it alone, it doesnt seem like it will direct the cold air to the cone that way tho?

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Cheers Again Rich

From Joz

just fitted my blitz sus panel filter bought from fensport yesterday. there were 2 glanzas there.. 1 of which a white 1 with 5 spoke tsw wheels? i've seen it before, maybe on here or ebay?

neway back to the point my stock filter was full of habitants like wasps n flies. This blitz has certainly brought back some power from previous air restrictions. now she goes with much more grunt!!

eric

Hi Rich

Here are the pics of the manifolds I got.

The 1st manky one is the one I got yesterday, I took it back this morning and got the tastier one.

Plz let me know what you think.

Also do I need this flange for the Apexi? The last pic there. If so I will have to get one ;b

Cheers

From Joz

nice nice. yep thats the mani you need. altho the throttle body has slightly different sensors on it, so i would't use it on the car. plus you'll get water everywhere if you disconnect the hoses on the throttle body.

jeez! i dunno whats happened to the 2nd one... it cant rust because its aluminium!!! :rolleyes:

im sure someone else on here will have it!! i would have kept it and sold it on!

and yes thats the kind of adaptor you'll need. i was gonna make me one on my grandads lathe, but we didnt have a large enough piece of aluminium.

Rich.