Valve springs

I would always recommend/advice to replace valve springs in a forged build with stiffer valve springs. Should be a mandatory upgrade if you want to make consistent power. This is because a turbo motor spins higher than normal for a given camshaft size.

Yes worth changing, to check they need to be checked using a spring tester which measures their spring rate ie how many kg to compress 1mm, or as you have problem seen for suspension springs kg/mm, kg/inch etc.

If your sticking with the stock rev limit, probably best to just purchase some new ones from Toyota, going with stiff springs saps power from the engine because the cam needs to put more force in to compress the spring to get max lift.

The stiffer valve springs won't just benefit the high rpm, but the whole rpm range. The stock or weak springs will limit the motors ability to reach high rpm and be consistent so i think very important part for a forged motor. With more airflow, pressure, heat the valves require good control and seal at high rpm for it's timing to make reliable consistent power. Upgrade stiffer springs will be lighter in weight so you will get less reciprocating mass in motion.

Is there much difference in price between the Toyota springs and aftermarket ones and where can they be got

No idea on the prices mate, but I guess Toyota would probably be more expensive.

If you do go for aftermarket springs though, do make sure they come with all the specs with them otherwise they are useless.

Idrees lists valve springs, I'd guess if they are genuine Toyota ones that you could buy then from Toyota for slightly cheaper.

If they are an oem equivilant then finding where they are from would be ideal. I priced them previously and they where 70dollars roughly but on back order

Phil