HKS Actuator - Does this look right

So, took off standard actuator. It was really slack compared to the HKS, which is really stiff and had to really pull it to get it over the wastegate pin. I'm guessing this is normal though and a good thing. It's measured out to 121mm for 1.0 bar.

Looking at the diagram to hook up the vacuum lines, it was a little unclear where the 100mm goes from the T-Piece. Does it connect below as I have it to the turbo ?

WP_20141218_007_zpsae3e07ca.jpg

WIth any adjustable actuator...

You want the wastegate arm to JUST be tensioned... So just enough to keep it shut... Then do some pulls in 3rd and 4th gear see what boost level your at. Then shorten the rod 1 turn at a time to get to your desired boost level!

Ok cheers, goin by the pdf fitting guide I just thought you measured it, fitted it on and that was it.

So just now, I pull the rod and it won't ever open the wastegate. I will get the right tension as you said so as to just keep it shut.

Is the vacuum line correct there ?

The length of the rod can be measured. but different elements of the setup... Decats, size of the exhaust, interooler size, filter/intake system. etc All effect the boost level! So length is a bad way of doing it imho!

Fit it so its just tensioned enough to keep the flap shut... Then shorten the rod bit by bit to reach the boost level you want!

Yeah just gonna do that for now. The clip holding the arm on is an absolute bugger though to attach.

our not joking!

I had to buy a box of C clips because i dropped the one supplied trying to fit it and then i went through half the box trying lol never again !!

James

Haha aye I'm just about to leave for screwfix to buy long nose pliers to see if that helps wedge it on. I will need them to get it off again when adjusting.

Luckily I have 2 clips currently as the actuator came with one supplied. They do go flying though as I've found out.