Any pro tuner here? Need to knw some basic!

Am not a pro tuner by far. But fuelling will be judged via wideband gauge and your timing will need to be pulled the use of det cans will need to be used. U can't just say how much will it need and punch that in because u will blow all for sure. There is other things to be done like uprated fuel pump,injectors ect before u boost.

Get a wideband and some det cans and maybe look a bit more in to tuning, 125% fuel per psi will most likely leave u bog rich with no power an injectors maxed depending on how much boost u are runnin, the timing isn't a bad place to start with the use of set cans that is, by the sounds of it u are just going to just punch in digits people is telling u. U will blow your engine this way that's a fact.

As above totally! Wild guesses will destroy your engine...

I'd hope your software will show the 3D view of your fuel map and I'm assuming you have a tune that its running on and driving in vac load zones ie 100kpa and under.

First thing I'd do it make sure the fuel map looks nice and progressive/smooth and isn't all erratic. The ignition table should be similar to a degree although there are reasons for dips and spikes. This will give you a starting point to tune from and its much easier than having a mine field of a map. Then just start tuning from there. Start low and build up - set your ideal target AFR then compare using the wideband to what you're getting - adjust zones accordingly. If its miles out then just adjust a whole row of cells across the table so you get the map roughed out before honing in and fine tuning. Idle/cruise is actually a bit trickier to tune I find but boost areas are fairly straight forward. There is no formula to work this out.

Ignition is trickier and you can run quite a lot of timing in places but again start in small decreases smoothly adjusting the map as boost increases and keep and ear on the detset. Timing wise 4e's and 5e's take way more ignition timing than 4ages so you can be reasonably aggressive with the advance and not see det. But always use a good detset and pay attention to what your hearing - need to be pretty quick to back off if you hear any det.

Here's what a smooth fuel map should look like:

fuel.jpg

Really?!!! Its advise like this you should not listen to.

So to test your theory and assuming base factory fuel pressure is 43psi ish - then at say 10psi of boost you'll need 10bar more fuel pressure ie 145psi more? Most fuel pumps are not capable of going that high!!! Even a Bosch 044 is only capable of 5 bar.

You will need 1 bar of fuel pressure per PSI.

Go to a tuner who maps AEM.

Don't listen to anyone on here, or anywhere else for that matter (no disrespect to those that actually do know what they are talking about), every engine is different and no one single person can give you an answer. There's a hell of a lot more to mapping than just pumping in some digits and getting a result, problem solving is key for mapping.

Go to a tuner who maps AEM.

Don't listen to anyone on here, or anywhere else for that matter (no disrespect to those that actually do know what they are talking about), every engine is different and no one single person can give you an answer. There's a hell of a lot more to mapping than just pumping in some digits and getting a result, problem solving is key for mapping.

i know you said to leave it to the tuner dont take advice but like me where i live there are no one qualify to do it,some uses there experience since they been doing it longer thats all,we dont even have a dyno we have little or no option to learn on the net ourself

i know you said to leave it to the tuner dont take advice but like me where i live there are no one qualify to do it,some uses there experience since they been doing it longer thats all,we dont even have a dyno we have little or no option to learn on the net ourself

That's fair enough, but I would be looking at specific websites like efi101 etc that are specific to engine management systems and their programming rather than asking on a generic vehicle enthusiast website.

• 2 weeks later...