CAR WON'T START :@

Right guys!

I've been doing a headgasket on my GT as it was blown between cylinder 3 and a water way... Anyway it's all back together, came to turning the key and it's not playing ball.

Originally when I went over and checked everything I eventually found that (some how :/) I had timed it up wrong and the cams and crank were 180 degrees out. Fuck knows how I managed it. I was in a rush and angry at the time so whatever. I timed it again (properly) and tried again but still no ball... I wondered if the cams were out of time, but the one hole on one gear slots in line with the two holes on the other gear which is right as far as I'm aware lol.

It's getting a spark at the plugs.

The plugs are wet with fuel.

I've turned it over without the EFI fuse and no plugs in to rule out it being flooded.

It's now in time (lol)

Are cams in time?

The gear on the outside IS on the 4e dowel and not 5e.

It has compression.

I unplugged the emanage and tried just plugged into stock ECU to rule out the emanage.

The distributor is in the correct timing.

All earths are back in place.

TPS is connected.

All water sensors are connected.

Map sensor connected.

ICV connected.

99% sure pipes on the throttle body are the right way around as I left one on the t-body and the other on the block.

Tried it with leads to my shitty run about to rule out voltage.

Out of ideas lol!

20150108_153045_zpsjp2oe38e.jpg

20150108_153228_zpsiduig9ed.jpg

With the belt in time this is where the gears sit. Someone has marked them previously in the past.

20150108_153836_zpsr58kyv61.jpg

Rotating the cams, these holes line up.

20150108_154113_zpsw126ehqa.jpg

When those markings are in place the belt side looks like this.

20150108_154125_zpsmn7mu0a1.jpg

From what I've read the service hole is to be at the top (as it is on the left) so I think this is right too.

Wet plugs after turning over.

20150108_155053_zpsqaqmsnh0.jpg

Trying to start it.

http://s13.photobucket.com/user/AAddzz123/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150108_154844_zpsrbir2hns.mp4.html

Not a cough or splutter???

And plugs sparking...

http://s13.photobucket.com/user/AAddzz123/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150108_155554_zpsrsiwncue.mp4.html

SO! If someone would like to put me out of my misery and tell me what I've missed and insult me I would happily take it right now lol.

Any help or ideas welcome.

I think I've just realised the problem. There are 3 holes on the inside of the exhaust gear which I didn't even check when I put them in... And I've lined it up with the wrong one.

So I presume when the outer gear on the cam is lined up and in time the inner hole there should be between the two holes on the other gear.

FUCK MY LIFE

Haha :p.

Such a stupid error. Why has someone marked the gears that way in the past too!? I just glanced at them and thought "well they're in time because they're marked". Just thought it was strange that the cams are in time yet for the holes to be in line I had to turn it over a stroke. Light bulb lol... Ah well. Won't take long to take them out now and put them in time properly.

What an idiot.

It's still one dot inside two dots :p. Just it's the big dot on the exhaust cam not one of the little ones lol.

I didn't even check over it to be honest. Just slapped it all together assuming it was obvious and straight forward which didn't need any attention.

Lesson learnt haha.