I've got avcr but lately seems to have a mind of its own one minute it holds perfect the next minute it will be all over the shop without changing a thing .... thinking about changing it tbf az I don't trust it at all even changing 1% duty made it boost from 1.2 to over 1.5 bar which is no good

I've got avcr but lately seems to have a mind of its own one minute it holds perfect the next minute it will be all over the shop without changing a thing .... thinking about changing it tbf az I don't trust it at all even changing 1% duty made it boost from 1.2 to over 1.5 bar which is no good

i have bought a lot of EBC and find some different problems with them :

-AVCR, very difficult for a newbee to tune and not very stable ( YES, you have to fit a 10cm boost gauge and see the needle a litle flutering ... AUTO MODE is not so bad but better than the E01) )

-Greddy profec B2, not so stable like the AVCR but tune is more easy

-Greddy old profec B and greddy Type S, very easy and good results for a newbie (more stable than the AVCR)

-Greddy e01, one of the best for me , very easy to tune and stable (AUTO MODE is very very bad and dangerous !!!)

-BLITZ ID3,very very stable ,and easy to tune , but a litle slower to build boost both in manual or auto mode

-New Blitz ,stable but SLOW (the more slower ...)

-HKS EVC series,believe me or not , but i have fitted the evc5 and the newest ,all are building boost earlier (150-350 rpm ) .Fitted in my Mazda turbo , and i see the difference , not sure if the difference will be on our 4e/5e series ...

-Turbosmart dual stage (very very good !!! and easy to set up ...litle spike )

As you can see , there is not the best controller in the market ,all depend of:

-your tuner ( a good tuner , knows a good ebc or mbc to tune your car ) and it is better to folow him

-the lenght of the cable influence the sensitivity or spike

-temperature ...

my choice:

1/HKS EVC 5 or 6 (monney ?)

2/turbosmart dual stage

3/greddy e01

why ?? they are quicker

Edited by ramses

they dont work.i paid 190 quid for one brand new. red the instructions and followed setup etc etc and it just kept over boosting continuously.

now I have a high quality mbc that cost 19.99 and its perfect and hits same boost each and every time.put me right of buying any ebc.

mbc may not be as efficient as ebcs but they work consistently and dont break.

they dont work.i paid 190 quid for one brand new. red the instructions and followed setup etc etc and it just kept over boosting continuously.

now I have a high quality mbc that cost 19.99 and its perfect and hits same boost each and every time.put me right of buying any ebc.

mbc may not be as efficient as ebcs but they work consistently and dont break.

not really , when you said "mbc may not be as efficient as ebcs", for me the better spool is on mbc ... but you do not have some feature like :boost alarm etc or rpm/boost ...that is all .. some mbc are bad , and some mbc are good ,,,but mbc do the job easily...

And i am very very agree with you about Gizmo ebc , a very waste of time !!!

Edited by ramses