Uprated Gear Linkage Installation Help?

Who's installed ID-Workz (skate board) bearings to their gear linkage?

​I'm really struggling it's a seriously tight fit and awkward to get to. Can some buddy give me some pointers to make this job easier?

​It doesn't feel like it should be a hard job but I'm struggling massively and would appreciate some help.

Fitted mine a few weeks ago. You need to spend a good amount of time with some sand paper or even a file on the gear selector pins that stick out. I found pressing the new bushes in was the easy part! Getting the inner hole to fit on the gearbox selector pin was a pain in the arse!

Edited by Charlie28

Right I just want to finish this off and say I used a dremel with a very light grit sanding tool just to take the edge off slightly, fitted the bushes a treat. not so much that it was sloppy, it's still tight but no where near as tight as before. Then took some wet and dry to the shaft and cleaned it up and that slide over nicely. Again this was light ten-twenty seconds just rubbing the shaft <giggity> to make it easier to get on. Job done. Took 5-10 minutes in total. Repacked with grease.

• 1 month later...

Uhh, honestly, can't tell any difference. BUT! Two things!

Firstly, the original bushes were absolutely mint. No cracks, very good conditon and tight.

And secondly, I haven't driven the car yet. And I only drove the car for about 2 hours total since having a Starlet.

So have had the car 6 months, and in six months, have driven it 2 hours. Lmao. I'm getting right into a true Starlet own, having it off the road more than it is on. Sad times :( Be nice to drive it one day, just got to build it haha!

Lmao.

Umm, but that said. Does feel nice, bought a weighted D1 Spec carbon fibre knob and that's lovely. I have played with it on the drive. And it feels all good. But haven't yet driven the car.

Will update in 6 months time when I drive the car for the first time haha!