Engine temp not keeping

I've got a TD low thermostat and when I'm sat idling for a long period it will eventually get to halfway temp but as soon as I drive the temp will go down back to just over the bottom line and then take a while to get back up to halfway once I've stopped after a hard drive, just had everything replaced at TD was wondering what it could be cus everyone else seems to be able to keep it at halfway

You need a proper water temp gauge to diagnose any kind of water temp issues, stock gauge is vague at best!

It does nothing until 40 degrees, moves from bottom to middle over 40 - 80 then stays halfway from like 80 - 120 degrees.

If the low temp stat runs you at 68 when driving it will not sit at halfway, but as is said you need a proper temp gauge.

think adam is on about the low temp stat ( there crap and useless ) swap it over for a new stock 1 and al problems will go away

So take TD low temp out fit new oem one in? Take it the low temp ones for the more hardcore starlets? Then I should have normal temp gauge working etc?

Sorry didn't explain correctly, yeah was going off Jay's original post regarding the low temp stat.

As Colin said take it out and use the OEM one, there is no need for a low temp stat, not even for hardcore race starlets.