Turbo wastegate actuator & external BOV

Hello people, I've got a blitz BOV which from my little knowledge, I believe it releases boost pressure into the atmosphere when it reaches a certain boost.

But I'm abit confused as to what the wastegate in the turbo does, I know people get them welded shut to run a BOV

Basically I'm asking because my blitz access aftermarket ecu is on route

And I believe I need a new actuator

But what is the actuator going to do if I have a BOV

Excuse the question which is probably stupid

But can someone explain how it all works and what I should do as I can't find it on here

Many thanks fellow boosters :D

Your right about the box. But they only work as the throttle body is closed

The waste gate relieves exhaust pressure before the turbine by opening and venting into after the turbine side of the exhaust

There by not making your turbo boost 1millions psi and shit itself and your engine

Wastegate is on the exhaust side, most turbos have an internal wastegate, which can be welded shut when using an external one.

The wastegate is there to bypass some of the exhaust gas away from the turbine to control how fast the turbo spins and therefore controls boost.

Blow off valve is on the intake side and is there to release pressure from the intake pipes. When you let off the throttle the throttle plate closes but the turbo carries on spinning due to inertia, so there is a build up of pressure in the intake system between the turbo and throttle body. If not released this pressure causes compressor stall which is commonly (and wrongly) called wastegate chatter amongst other things.