So after selling my first gt turbo due to money problems, buying a beamer and getting bored of that then going back to an NA with the intention of doing that.

I recently bought another gt turbo

20150206_144957_zpsb3bd3b90.jpg

Its a MK3 quadlight

low mileage: 65938

Really very condition, more so then my first one

Fairly standard interior wise, has a gash knob, a stereo and a turbo timer (forgot make)

On some rather unappealing 16" wheels

Brand New tein springs

Blitz BOV

FMIC

Thats about all

The car is currently sorn and has no MOT, will stay like till at least friday when I turn 19

Only really a couple of problems with the running of the car, OSR caliper is seized but ordered one from Socks

Believe to have a boost leak as it bogs on boost

Then exterior wise the bonnet and scuttle panel let it down but that is a minor for now

Plans are to get it Bob on before I drive it properly so I dont end up with a catastrophe like last time

Edited by crawleysam

Nice one there. Agree with u about the wheels. A boost leak tends to give off a squealing sound when on boost as well as you would tend to experience a lower than normal boost condition with a boost leak rather than a bog. But then again, 'bog' is relative. Get her sorted bro... :thumbsup:

I havent really been able to give it any to see what actually happens, the lad I bought it off lived in a heavily 'speed-bumped' estate and I got it towed back to mine being as it had no MOT, when I get that done I can take it out and properly see.

I do prefer the GT over the glanza for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

So i took the car for its Monday and unfortunately it failed due to NSF wheel bearing and NSR hand brake.

Both these parts are on their way and should be fitted in the coming days

Since she's off the road I've just cleaned her and polished up the front, fitted a spare brand new fuel filter I had lying around

Gone to swap over the audio stuff from my NA and some pillock has cut the 'cage' so they're coming from jdm-ep (which is a big help and handy that they're only 40 odd minute drive)

Here's how she looks (Jennzouko is her name due to all my other NA's being called Jennifer(long story) and wanted a jap twist)

a7567adf-7f86-4a81-8569-ca2e173bec5f_zps

So got round to fitting the stereo and cupholders from the NA, all works except aerial however the fix for that is currently on order, cheers once again socks for prompt posting of the part I needed

Snapchat--4234507067971460888-1_zps52afe

Edited by crawleysam

So the car had its MOT retest friday which it passed just, almost didnt due to an imbalance in the rear brakes. So banged on a new caliper anyway.

Been driving it around and it just feels severly under powered, much less then my last GT. If anything it feels sort of on par with my NA

Example, I was going up a not very steep hill earlier in 3rd, at 40mph and put my foot flat to the floor and the car didnt move at all

Also there seems to be no distinguishable difference between Hi and Lo boost modes.

Anyone shed some light as to why it may be under powered?

Basically two bottom pipes into and out of the intercooler only had one clamp on each, the pipe down from the TB literally slid off the silicone house and similiarly to the otherside, but that one was already half off.

Who ever fitted the intercooler didnt really do a good job, and along with this it was held on with one loose bolt

sheeeeeeeeeeet :sad:

Im not having much luck with Gt's ahah

Aww man bad times :( have you sold the NA yet ? If you havnt keep it until you can afford a replacement engine :) be ashame to see another GT get broke :-/

James

I havent sold it yet but I still owe money for my Gt turbo and cant really afford a whole replacement engine, I wont break it, thatd kill me as its in such a good condition

But I have no idea what Im going to do yet :(

no way :( sorry to hear that mate. Is it just the bottom end bearings that need doing?

Id keep it but I have no space to store the car inside to do the swap, no crane or stand and I cant really do it out on my drive.

Plus I still owe money and I need a car asap to get to college and work so Its likely going to be sold

I've not inspected the damage but it could be its just spun a bearing. In all fairness its not a massive job I just dont have the facilities, time or money to do it

If youre interested in it drop me a PM