Standalone ECU Using 4EFE Dual Coilpacks & Crank Trigger/Position Sensor

Hello peeps,

Just had a thought milling round in my head about ECU Setups.

I have used a 4EFE From a 2000 reg corolla in my 4efte and upon stripping the complete engine down noticed it had twin coilpacks mounted on a bracket were the dizzy goes on a GT, (Hole blanked off in the head) And a different oil pump with bracket for the sensor, which picked up its reading from the bottom pulley which was also different to the 4EFTE.

Quick bit of googling found a Link ECU Thread which stated its 36-2 Trigger wheel, And being wasted spark will only allow group fire injection.

Am i right in thinking that with a bit of wiring work, And fitment of a different ecu i could run this superior setup? Possible the likes of a Boomslang harness for whichever ECU, And use extra inputs from the coils and crank sensor onto the correct part of the ECU?

Wouldnt want to pull all the original loom out, But i wouldnt have too if used a combination of the existing loom and new inputs would i? Even if i just removed the wire onto the bit of the plug of the ECU and use the new input, Calibrating/setting up on the new ECU?

What do people think??

Toff

Edited by The Toffinator