5e and 4efte

Yeah many people have done it, get an extra 200cc, quicker turbo spool.

The 4E and 5E heads are pretty much the same, the cams and valves are the same, the valve springs in the 5E might be a bit weaker and also the 5EFHE cams have a higher lift and duration i believe.

Well I was thinking to use the 4e head as they have strong valve springs.. very hard to find the cams for the 5efhe. . But I have no idea where I can find a 5efhe bottom block.. any idea what cars they come from.. I've seen paseo and sera but they had the 5efe engine

Best bet for the 5EFHE is the Cynos and Sera (i think). Pretty hard to find, no doubt there will be a couple in Ireland lol.

You also get Gen1 5EFEs in some Jap import Cynos, Sera etc which have fairly thick rods but not as thick as FHE, can still put decent boost through them.

Most people get a 5E Paseo block & crank and forge it with a 4EFTE head bolted on.

Could just run a normal 5E block from a Paseo (Gen2) with FTE head pretty safely aslong as you fire a set of bottom end bearings in it and obviously a new head gasket. The standard comp ratio is 9.6 - 1 on the 5EFE so youd want a thick headgasket like a 1.9mm or 2mm, to run decent boost, or use a thin 0.6mm headgasket and run less boost.

Or put in 4EFTE pistons in the 5EFE block and run something like 1.4mm headgasket wirh 1 bar boost for example.