i think my gearbox might be busted.

I dno what happened, but now my 2nd gear crunches wen i try puttin it in while the revs are high. if i dip my clutch and let the revs drop then it wont crunch but otherwise it does it.

You reckon its my gearbox that has gone or cud it be the gearbox oil etc?

How much do these gearbox's go for 2nd hand?

eric

i know exactly what you mean. mine does it occasionally but i had a mechanic look over it an my gear box is fine. think it was the way i was puttin it into gear or it just doesnt like goin into 2nd at high revs lol :rolleyes:

yeah, mine did that at the thrash, i think geo said it was the the syncros or something... (im not clued up on gearboxes!) but ever since i changed my gearbox oil it revs to 6200 and goes into second no problem!

i'd just live with it or change your gearbox oil.

Rich.

this is a known week spot on all starlets and is a sign of the second and fith gear syncros starting to wear, this is due to inproper maintence

its something i did not bother with on the sr, i went through two gearboxes because of it,

,its not an urgent fix though but through time it will get harder to engage second and then it will start to pop out of gear,

so id advice you to get your gearbox fluid changed if you havenot done the damage already,