hi guys wondering if anyone could help me out.

sometimes at motorway speeds my steering wheel starts to shake. its done this on and off since ive owned the car.

first thing I did is get it aligned, then I rebalanced the wheels, then checked the rear bearings and tightened them up but no joy :(

anyone have any idea what it could be? Bushes? track rod ends?

If it's only at certain speeds then i'd go have your wheels balanced again. It took three attempts to get mine balanced correctly! If it's under braking then get your disks changed.

hmm not sure if its the wheels as its done it with different wheel and different tyres that had all been balanced. then again they could have all been balanced badly. cheers

Check all your bottom bushings and engine mount

cheers will do.

hmm not sure if its the wheels as its done it with different wheel and different tyres that had all been balanced. then again they could have all been balanced badly. cheers

cheers will do.

Where did you have them done? It might be the other bushes etc so maybe check those before going through the expense of having the wheels redone

Where did you have them done? It might be the other bushes etc so maybe check those before going through the expense of having the wheels redone

was Halfords near me, that's a good shout cheers :)

Does the shaking go if you turn the wheel and put more weight on one side?

I think it does as it only seems to happen when turning right but im not sure. don't do much weaving on the motorway haha :p

• 1 month later...

Check the wheels are centre on the hubs alright. I had an Astra would shake when it 70 and got wheels balanced twice before I was told was plastic ring was missing of hubs to centre the wheels. Never shook on me again after this.

Check the wheels are centre on the hubs alright. I had an Astra would shake when it 70 and got wheels balanced twice before I was told was plastic ring was missing of hubs to centre the wheels. Never shook on me again after this.

Can't be That bud cus the wheels centre bores are the same as the spigot. Off an mx5

I think Theres a harmonic balancer on the driverside driveshaft. Looks like a block of rubber make sure thats in good shape, if the rubbers getting old it might cause vibration at certain speeds

Cheers morgey I'll check it out :)