Rally EP91 - 4E-FE and 4E-FTE Gearbox mix

Well ive got some dilema in my hands but im hoping for someone to help me out with it.

Since its my first time posting about this, i will let you first take a look at the car hehe

https://www.facebook.com/pmcsrally/photos_stream

So, the dilema. Well atm from engine (4EFE) wise the car is performing well and i have no intention to mess with it, but im having a bit of a problem with the gears.

I live in Madeira island and what i do most are hillclimbs events. In the hairpins im using 2nd gear and while it holds up, it bogs down a bit but well, that isnt the bigger issue, the bigger issue is really my 3rd gear wich is very long and its costing me many seconds in the stage as its probably the gear that is most used.

Take a look at the videos to see what im talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULcziP-21u8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jklJn4kiOo

We have a final gear ratio of 4.857 (68/14) that was custom made by previous owner.

I have searched and found that the 4EFTE gearbox (C56) has the 3rd and 4th gears a bit shorter than the 4EFE gearbox (C150?).

With all of this said im looking into having the 3rd gear shorter in order to improve that range in my gearbox, so im asking for help in this.

Since we have a nice custom final gear, would it be possible to mix the gears from C56 and the C150 to make a nice gearbox for the car, including the final custom gear we have?

Is it worth the hassle and the money spent on it or im better off trying to ask for some custom gears?

Thanks in advance for the read and the time spent trying to help.

wont work mate u cant use the c5# gears in the c1## box because the gears are diferent thicknes !!!!!

your custom dif wheel how many bolt holes iis it 6 or 8 ?

Just checked a old diff wheel we have and its 6 holes...since i cant mix the gears, what about using both pinion and diff wheel we have with the c56 gears?

Those photos! Absolutely STUNNING!

10533547_597419080386754_419245180758105

10438331_597419060386756_396151350654232

10407333_597418917053437_632123602955540

1456693_597418900386772_6203808830746481

Sorry where do you live? I think I know it, is it heaven?

wow.now thats epic imagery there.nice

Hehehe nice to know you guys like it ;) little island in portugal called madeira, on the left side of Morroco

them views are nice there we are looking at gray sky here 80% of the year :( :(

wont work sadly the shaft is tat smaller to most parts arnt interchangeble only 2 diggits with 2 and 3 with 3 no bother

general rule is al c5# boxes have 8 bolt diff , and al c1## boxes have 6 bolt difs ( in 5 speed boxes !!! )

if i where you i would source a cynos B ( C152 ) very close gears !!!

whats the code of the box you have in her now

other option you have is fit a 6 speed with higher FD

them views are nice there we are looking at gray sky here 80% of the year :( :(

wont work sadly the shaft is tat smaller to most parts arnt interchangeble only 2 diggits with 2 and 3 with 3 no bother

general rule is al c5# boxes have 8 bolt diff , and al c1## boxes have 6 bolt difs ( in 5 speed boxes !!! )

if i where you i would source a cynos B ( C152 ) very close gears !!!

whats the code of the box you have in her now

other option you have is fit a 6 speed with higher FD

So it seems that i have not much room around it.

I tought of 6 speed gearboxes but they are hard to get and expenssive.

I think i will end up going to another road wich is order some custom gears.

Thanks for the help guys, if i do end up changing anything in the gearbox, will let you know the result ;)

if you do end up doing that use the 8 bolt diff boxes there waaay stronger fatter gears etc etc there the 2 diggits boxes

Not an option since we have an lsd...wouldnt fit the 8 bolt pattern, and the car isnt that powerfull to, no need for stronger internals....just found out yesterday that the homologatiin extensions have a shorter ratio on gears, got all details so i think will end up doing each gear custom....need to think about it and price for it since will be expenssive