4E big oil leak!

Hey

Glanza has decided to piss some oil out all of a sudden!

Originally thought it was from the dipsticks as it had come loose, took alternator etc off, new o ring and sealed it back up. Everything washed down and was fine on idle.

Took it for a spin and it started pissing oil out again, I've done the dipstick about twice since then and still having the same problem, originally thought it was the piping to the oil catch tank being to small and popping it out again, so washed it all off did the dipstick again and just left the piping on the rocker cover free to breathe.

Took it for another spin and it's done it again :@ it all seems to originate from the dip stick.

Maybe thinking head gasket has gone? Water level and color fine in radiator and no murky white oil on the oil cap, so not sure yet.

Anyone ever had this sort of issue before or any other ideas to throw into the light :s

Thanks!

Sion

Hey,

Did a compression test today

Cylinder 1 - 130-135 psi

Cylinder 2 140 psi

Cylinder 3 135-140 psi

Cylinder 4 135-140 psi

I've got a forged 4e which hasn't done much mileage since re build - maybe 2k!

Not sure exactly what sort of results I should be looking for?

It's 100% leaking from dipstick. Does seem to sit a little off, I've got 2 dipsticks and one bracket is different to the other :s

Cheers!

well to give u an idea a fresh 4efte has best part of 175psi per cylinder new.

a worn engine will show about 165/170........service limit on a stocker is 150 per cylinder.

you maywell find that ures is around an ok level as u say its forged and 9/10 times they use a lower comp piston.

forged engine should be above 140psi but its unlikely a less than 2000 mile old rings/hg would be your problem check your breather is not blocked on rocker cover as condensation tends to build up here and block up causing back pressure

I yeah it's got low comp pistons!

I thought it could of been the catch tank lines, so I disconnected fro catch tank and let them free, they're not blocked either!

I've got 2 breathers coming off the rocker too!

Don't suppose any of you could get a picture of where the dipstick bolts next to altenator? I really think it's something so silly!

Also had another dipstick which I tried and the bracket for it was different than the other one :s

What a right pain in the ass!

Thanks for all the help!