Rocker Cover Gasket keeps leaking

Hi all

I've got a non forged 4E producing 218hp at 0.9 bar and i keep having oil leaks from my rocker cover. I'm regularly having the cover tightened or gaskets replaced, and it's leaked again! What could cause this to keep happening? I've also got a RW developments catch tank and "Race spec" cover fitted if it could be anything to do with that?

Cheers for any help

Hi all

I've got a non forged 4E producing 218hp at 0.9 bar and i keep having oil leaks from my rocker cover. I'm regularly having the cover tightened or gaskets replaced, and it's leaked again! What could cause this to keep happening? I've also got a RW developments catch tank and "Race spec" cover fitted if it could be anything to do with that?

Cheers for any help

Instant gasket required

Phil

Make sure you seal both sides of the gasket with silicone, i.e against the cover and against the head. I had this problem of oil weepin all the time. Until I did this and sorted the problem straight away. Make sure you clean surfaces with brake cleaner