Toyota Starlet EP82 MK3 Turns Over But Doesn't Start...

Hi,

I'm getting ever closer to starting this thing now.

Engine is all back together, and with a bit of luck it's all been done correctly.

I've turned the over by hand and it seems to be fine. A little stiff where the valves are reaching their peak, is that normal? but fairly free everywhere else.

I'm scratching my head at this one why the car won't start though.

It turns over, but at maybe 75% or 50% of what my brothers mk3 does. I've removed all plugs and they are all sparking. And it's definitely getting fuel.

So, I'm stumped, fuel, ignition, but no bang? What gives. Consequently the engine is flooded now so I will have to wait and give it another go.

Have tried giving the car a bump, no joy. It burbles, as you would expect any car being pushed, but no ignition, not even a hint of the car starting.

The car has an alarm, and you can't arm it whilst the turbo timer is on so presumably immobiliser. But then I would have thought it wouldn't even spark.

The wiring in the car is in the process of some upgrades here and there. I swear I've had the car running before without the interior in, but I'll throw that in the mix anyway.

The dash is in. Just the centre console removed. So the climate control stuff is gone. And I've spured off the side lights for indiglos. Lights on the dash come on. Side lights work. No indicators (because of the hazard switch being removed).

Other than that, I've had it running before with no centre console.

I've recently polibushed the car, so maybe I've removed a earthing somewhere. I've replaced the earths.

Ideas welcome. So close to driving this.

First thing I would check is the ignition timing, if that's too far retarded or advanced it won't start

Double check the timing marks after that

Stupid things like idle control valve vacuum can cause the car not to start if not connected so to the map sensor connection