another little update the GT got new shoes brock deep dish 14inch wheels car drives a lot better with the 14s compared to the 15s plus having no power steering its a help

On closer inspection of my gearbox seems i do have cups in the box so just need a couple of day off and gather all the bits i need to swap the box out while im at it i might put a new clutch in

13445429_10209922302002590_3514394784954

13407201_10209922302322598_4317909892537

13418904_10209922302562604_2300472685103

Edited by JDMfreak
  • 3 weeks later...

right update time

sent the car in for its nct/mot failed on sidelight bulb bonnet latch and an imbalance on front shocks

have it all sorted now so in for its re test should pass passed everything else and was complimented on how

clean it was for its age

i have another huge update for the car but you will have to wait till it arrives only clue im giving should help it on a bit

right update time

sent the car in for its nct/mot failed on sidelight bulb bonnet latch and an imbalance on front shocks

have it all sorted now so in for its re test should pass passed everything else and was complimented on how

clean it was for its age

i have another huge update for the car but you will have to wait till it arrives only clue im giving should help it on a bit

I'll guess either a 4EFE or FTE :p

And remove that adverts ad pronto :D

Edited by SpikeyJp_68

your spot on 4efe going to buy back my old white ep80 has been lying up last few months so will have everything i need to convert it

from 1e 12v to 1.3 16v 4efe

i stuck it up to see what i got offered only thing that caught my attention was a 00 corolla vvti 3dr 1.6 6speed

your spot on 4efe going to buy back my old white ep80 has been lying up last few months so will have everything i need to convert it

from 1e 12v to 1.3 16v 4efe

i stuck it up to see what i got offered only thing that caught my attention was a 00 corolla vvti 3dr 1.6 6speed

What are you doing with the ep80 shell ? Always fancied myself a GT rep...

• 2 weeks later...

well time for another little update after a few days of hardship with the gearbox swap finally have it with 5 gears

turned out clutch was wanked so picked up a 5 speed box along with clutch flywheel and release bearing for €100

i did get to drive car before engine was pulled out so i knew box was good

also passed its nct was a re test but only failed on small stuff the power bug is getting to me so that's next up some sort of engine upgrade

the 4efe i was meant to buy has fell through he doesn't know what he is doing with it

but for now the 1e will have to do more handling upgrades are getting done front arb and rear in the meantime

a sneaky shot of it in my mates garage

popped out the spots to give them a clean and noticed they are a 100w bulbs no wonder there so bright

20160714_223535_zpsmvgqnqdg.jpg

20160714_223519_zps2ttw7nqh.jpg

going to upgrade master cylinder as the 1.0 is tiny and then do all the brakes i don't really wanna swap out rear axles as handbrake is spot on 3 clicks and is locked solid fronts will get new hubs and bearings all round so i can run vented and grooved discs like my glanza had

front anti roll bar will have to be beefy trd id say is best bet and rear anti roll bar

how can i go hard in a 1e haha i can get front arb for nothing so may aswell fit it

what anti roll bar on rear you running

haha i only drink weekend saturday and cars isn't touched till Monday or Tuesday

• 1 month later...