Low oil temp?

My gt used to sit at around 75-80 on a run and go up a little on a spirited drive but it's been in the garage a few days whilst I done some wiring and yesterday when I went out it didn't go over 65 what could cause it to be so low? And what is the average temp what it should be?

Cheers keiran

My gt used to sit at around 75-80 on a run and go up a little on a spirited drive but it's been in the garage a few days whilst I done some wiring and yesterday when I went out it didn't go over 65 what could cause it to be so low? And what is the average temp what it should be?

Cheers keiran

sounds like a faulty sender unit mate, 75-80 is also low if you ask me...

My m3 will happily sit at 100 and goes to 120 on track and thats the same as my dc2 as well.

I would say 80 is ok for normal driving, but it really depends the oil you use. You should check the oil tech spec for shear point.

I wouldn't go over 110c as usually the oils start to become ineffective. There are some oils though that will work higher temps.