Right ive been emailing back and forth about a car we have agreed a price for car, delivey, inspection and insurance and its perfect

So is there anything else i need to do to get this car here

Hopefully some ones done it before

Edited by Glanza-Ben

There's a few threads about this, from what I've heard you get stung for tax once it's arrived :-/

What you getting ?

James

I read its between 10-20% just tryna find some one whos done it so i know what else i need to pay out for

And its a evo 5 mate

Yea I done a guide for it awhile back but am on my

Phone right now. Sure it was called a brief guide to importing . Your looking at around 25% in import tax and there's some paperwork to handle you can do it urself but trying to speak and get confirmation is a total nightmare I ended up paying an agent at the docs like 100quid to handle it all basically ment I could just send a transporter to collect the car soon as it was past customs. Only thing to watch is make sure you U have all the money sitting if you cant pay on time you'll likely lose the car talking to a guy that does it and he said there's basicaly a few places around the uk that are just filled with cars that are in limbo because they weren't payed for on time so can't be collected or anything done with them.

Don't let that put you off if your keen with money ready it's a great way I got mine no Hastle at all aside from the uk paperwork until I have it to an agent todo. The car was superb and I got it at a really decent price sadly sold it to buy my house which I regret atleast once a week ha!

Edited by _shaun_

Yea I done a guide for it awhile back but am on my

Phone right now. Sure it was called a brief guide to importing . Your looking at around 25% in import tax and there's some paperwork to handle you can do it urself but trying to speak and get confirmation is a total nightmare I ended up paying an agent at the docs like 100quid to handle it all basically ment I could just send a transporter to collect the car soon as it was past customs. Only thing to watch is make sure you U have all the money sitting if you cant pay on time you'll likely lose the car talking to a guy that does it and he said there's basicaly a few places around the uk that are just filled with cars that are in limbo because they weren't payed for on time so can't be collected or anything done with them.

Don't let that put you off if your keen with money ready it's a great way I got mine no Hastle at all aside from the uk paperwork until I have it to an agent todo. The car was superb and I got it at a really decent price sadly sold it to buy my house which I regret atleast once a week ha!

Sounds fairly simple could i fire you a pm if i get stuck?

Aye can do mate to be honest theres not much to it. Once it's paid they arrange for it to go on a boat then it's just a case of painfully waiting with the ships info you can track it all the way round the world tho ha! Think I checked it almost everyday! Mine got stuck In Ireland for a few days because of bad weather the wait nearly killed me!